The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels. The Program Medical Officer (ART) will provide support in the implementation of the Institute's HIV prevention, treatment and care program across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Medical Officer (MDR-TB)
Location: Central Office, Abuja.
* Support program implementation by providing onsite needs assessments, mentoring, preceptorship, monitoring and evaluation of healthcare programs especially at MDR-TB treatment centers.
* Participate in quality improvement and data analysis.
* Participate in program clinical/educational activities.
* Work with MDR-TB treatment center staff, site focal persons and IHVN staff to effectively address operational challenges.
* Facilitate communication, collaboration, task-shifting and teamwork among clinic staff.
* Perform Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring and administrative support.
* Carry out other duties as assigned. Support program implementation by providing onsite needs assessments, mentoring, preceptorship, monitoring and evaluation of healthcare programs to facilities, states and regions.
* MBBS, BMChM, or MD
* Fellowship, MPH, added advantage
* At least 3 to 5 years of post-NYSC.
* Experience in MDR-TB patient treatment and care, Adult HIV/AIDS Care, Pediatric HIV/AIDS Care, TB Care, and Malaria program
* Excellent Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
* Significant program experience in Reproductive and Child Health, HIV/AIDS Programs, Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI), Global funds operations, and health systems strengthening in Nigeria
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English. MBBS, BMChM, or MD
Key Working Relationship:
* Works in the Global Fund MDR-TB unit and Reports to the Director of Clinical Services
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document saved with applicants name in the following format e.g. Adamu Maduka Application Program Medical Officer (ART) explaining suitability to Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
* IHVN only considers educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
* All applicants must have completed the NYSC or have been exempted according to regulations of the NYSC.
* Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!