Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for for its project in Borno.
Position: Nutrition Nurse Supervisor
Schedules and organizes all nutrition related activities, its organization design and sizing as well as its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the nutritional healthcare at the standard quality levels.
Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities and skills.
Supervise the implementation of the nutritional program according to MSF protocols, standards. This includes:
* Draw up outpatients activity planning,
* Follow up the evolution of patients and discuss the problem cases taking part in the medical assistant’s round, and install referral system
* Check that medical and nutrition prescriptions are carried out.
* Check the diffusion, knowledge and application of medical, nutritional and anthropometric protocols.
* Supervise nursing care and hygiene circumstances.
* Checking the food’s quality.
* Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the centre, the state and evolution of their child: their tasks (help with cleaning, feeding their child, etc)
* Supervises, in cooperation with the pharmacist and project medical referent, the management of the pharmacy, ensuring reception and storage of orders, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure, a rationale use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
* Ensure correct nutritional data collection (registers, nutritional forms, morbidity forms), compile weekly and monthly statistics for the outpatients unit, report this information to the line manager and provide feedback on the results to the team. In these sense, this function includes all kind of nutritional information that nutritional supervisor has in his /her hands.
* Education: Nurse qualification. Desirable with a nutritionist diploma
* Experience: Minimum 2 year experience as nut nurse.
* Languages: English language essential and local language
* Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Applucation closing date:
18 July, 2016
Method of Application
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Borno (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!