Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for for its project in Borno.
Position: Nutrition Nurse
Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up for children suffering from severe malnutrition, according to MSF TFP (ITFC/ATFC/SFP) protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order to ensure a good delivery of care and improve their nutritional conditions.
Implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding nursing and children nutrition matters.
Ensure proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
* Daily collect the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
* Calculate the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
* Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
* Carry-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register,..) etc.
* Ensure that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
* Carry-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
* Carry-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
* Provide advice and inform children’s families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
* Control all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
* Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases arising.
* Education: Nursing diploma with nutritional training essential.
* Experience: Previous experience required. Experience in MSF or other NGO’s and /or in developing countries desirable.
* Languages: English language essential. Local language desirable.
* Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
* Competences: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Applucation closing date:
18 July, 2016
Method of Application
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Borno (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!