The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Position: Health Program Assistant (ALMANACH Program)
* Implements an electronic version on tablet for the (IMCI) Integrated Management of Childhood Illness in several Ministry of Health clinics (ALMANACH PROJECT)
* Trains and Supports the consulting staff (Doctors and Midwives) on weekly basis
* Monitors the results based on the monitoring framework for the project
* Meets WHO IMCI department at least twice per month to coordinate and update on progresses and challenges. Involves the WHO in charge if needed to solve issues in the field, in collaboration with MoH
* Provides a written monthly update on project indicators to the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute consultants in collaboration with ICRC PHC Manager
* Translates documents from English to National languages and vice versa as required
* Acts as reference point during delegate's/supervisor's absences.
* University degree or equivalent in Health sector
* 4 years work experience in a similar function
* At least 2 years work experience in health project management
* Good knowledge of public health, and of local health services, staff and system
* Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
* Very good computer skills, including spreadsheets
* Good knowledge of the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization programs in Nigeria
* Well-developed analytical skills
* Good communications and negotiation skills, confident in talking in front of a large public, sense of responsibility
* Field oriented and good networking
* Excellent team spirit and acquired capacity to manage stressful situations
* Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule
* Be able to maintain respect to his/her colleagues, interlocutors and profession/duty in different circumstance
* Willingness to go to the field i.e Abuja (20%) / Field (80%: Mubi / Yola)
Application Closing Date:
29 July, 2016
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Please clearly indicate the preferred position E.G; “Health Program Assistant (ALMANACH Program)" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated). The deadline for the submission of applications will be 29.07.2016, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!