On 19/Jul/2016 / In NGO Jobs
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
Position: Field Officer (Prosthetics and Orthotics Program)
* Focal person between the National Orthopedic Hospital, Dala-Kano (NOHD-Kano), the referred Persons with Disabilities (PwD) from Maiduguri’s catchment, the ICRC/Health/Maiduguri & the mobile ortho-prosthetist, Kano
* Insure the referral of the PwD from Maiduguri’s catchment to the NOHD-Kano & their return to Maiduguri
* Financial responsibility regarding reimbursement related to the Prosthetics & Orthotics (P&O) program in Kano
* Manages the daily financial allowance for the food of the PwD and accompanying person
* Assisting the mobile ortho-prosthetist with diverse administrative tasks
* Make the monthly accounting closure for the project
* Keep the administrative filing up-to date
* HND (Higher national Diploma) or university degree in any course or relevant field
* Two (2) years working experience in a similar field
* Knowledge of cultural & socio economic environment of northern Nigeria
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Understanding and able to speak Kanuri & Hausa languages
* Good computer skills especially excel sheet
* Discrete, humble and reliable person
* Have empathy for persons with disability (PwD)
* Sense of organisation and able to follow-up with projects/planning/etc.
* Rigor and methodological
* Does not mind to dirt his/her hands
Application Closing Date:
29 July, 2016
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Please clearly indicate the preferred position E.G; “Health Program Assistant (ALMANACH Program)" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated). The deadline for the submission of applications will be 29.07.2016, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!