The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Information Management Officer
Job Number: 494629
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (With frequent travels to Borno and Yobe)
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
Duration of Post: 364days
Purpose of the Job
The Nutrition Information Management Officer is responsible for managing and strengthening the nutrition information system; including program planning, monitoring, and evaluation for Borno and Yobe States.
* Support complete, quality and timely reporting of nutrition programs/CBT based on partnership agreements and agreed monitoring frameworks.
* Work with state operational arms to have a well-prioritized plan of information Management activities
* Provide support in reviewing documents, preparing survey protocols and adopting standardized approaches and tools for nutrition/CBT programming
* Maintain information databases and general project IM tools, such as 5W matrix, Gap Matrix including consolidation, analysis and report/disseminate of data collected throughout various assessments
* Compile, clean and analyse nutrition/CBT data including Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Vitamin A supplementation, Infant and Young Child Feeding Practice (IYCFP), Micronutrients etc.
* Assess trends and measures outcomes relating to achievement of project targets to support evidence-based programming.
* For high level official meetings, in partnership with the Consortium Coordinator, represent all partners of the consortium in matters relating to the project implementation and impact in focus states.
* When needed, coordinate Document minutes and action points; as and when needed coordinate and plan for minutes, develop agenda, document minutes and share action points with all relevant persons.
Situation Monitoring and Assessment:
* Takes lead in compiling data to inform and prepare the project SitRep inputs with emphasis on Sector plans, targets and achievements.
* Ensures that all sector partners have timely and accurate information of change in conditions of children, women, and their families and facilitates information exchange therein in order to support planning and measurement of program impact.
* Preparation of survey reports and newsletters and share findings with partners for improved action in the area of nutrition.
* Prepare briefs and presentations as and when needed for decision making and prioritization of nutrition interventions.
Program Performance Monitoring:
* Regularly update and share with implementing agencies in both state the collated overall, and state specific nutrition/CBT statistics against agreed performance indicators in all information exchange channels.
* Conduct field visits to programs in both states to monitor the quality of data collection and reporting; also provides supportive supervision as and when needed.
* In partnership with the consortium coordinator attend joint monitoring exercises
* Provide any other relevant support as requested by the consortium coordinator
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
* University degree in Nutrition. Candidates with Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or Data Management or related field with a nutrition focus will be considered.
* Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health, nutrition, knowledge /data management or related field in developing country context.
* Experience of nutrition data collection, with extensive experience, compiling and analysing quantitative data and producing relevant graphical representations of analysed data.
* Proven experience in synthesizing relevant information and developing reports on time against set deadlines for the dissemination of key findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Fluency in English language is required.
* Competency Profile
Core Values (Required):
Core Competencies (required):
* Working with people
* Drive for result
Functional Competencies (Required):
* Formulating strategies and concepts
* Planning and organizing
* Applying technical expertise
* Specific Technical Knowledge
* Professional technical knowledge in Data Collection
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint etc.)
* Experience in survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and skills to use different software to manage data properly such as EpiData, EpiInfo, STATA, ENA, SPSS
* Current knowledge of the latest developments and technology in the field.
* Detail-oriented ability to work at a fast pace and meet deadlines
* Ability to plan, coordinate and manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities.
* Leadership and ability to work with people.
* Strong drive for result.
* Strong communication and writing skills
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!