Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states - Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna - focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
Position: Consultant - Emergency Response for Displaced Households in North East Nigeria
* To meet the immediate food security and child protection needs of conflict affected populations of Borno State.
Baseline Survey Objectives
* The baseline will focus on data collection for a set of indicators outlined in the project M&E plan.
* The baseline report will be used as a measurement to monitor the projects progress against the set indicators over the course of the project implementation.
The baseline aims to achieve the following objectives:
To collect baseline data for the program outcome/indicators below:
* % of the target population gets acceptable food consumption score
* % of caretakers using appropriate feeding practices
* Proportion of households in the highest coping strategy index score category # of UASC identified, documented and receiving at least two follow up visit from a case worker
* # of categorized foster parents identified (consultant to indicate the type of foster parents that exist in these locations, are they spontenous, planned or kinship)
* # of child at risk cases centred on protection concerns
* # of functional accountability structures existing and % reach of targets
Scope of work
* This study is to be conducted within the sampling area of 2 communities in two local governments in Borno state.
* The baseline shall be conducted in forms of survey, key informant interview and focus group discussions if needed.
* The information will be collected, analyzed and the report in english will be shared to save the children for consultation before it is finalised.
Duration and Timeline
* The baseline shall be expected to complete within 14 working days beginning April 14, 2016.
Summary of Deliverables
* Share the draft report to save the children, finalise the baseline report by incorporating the feedback on the draft if any, submit survey data.
The final baseline report should basicallu include the following points:
* Executive summary
* Conclusion and recommendation
Researcher competencies, Experience and Skill Requirements
* Advanced experience in the evaluation of humanitarian aid, preferably in the field of Public Health, WASH or/and Child Protection
* Advanced Development Research Qualification or equivalent, MSc preferred
* Ability to conduct meetings with senior persons at government, UN and NGO level
* Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines
* Attention to detail and ability to produce and present accurate information
* Ability and willingness to travel to very remote areas, must agree to work in high risk areas
* Solid experience in relevant fields of work to the evaluation and in the geographic areas where the exercise takes place is also required
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Knowledge of the Northern Nigerian context is obligatory
* Fluent in Hausa
* Experience working with Save the Children or in Child Rights Programming
* Demonstrated analytical, communication and report-writing skills.
Application closing date:
19 April, 2016
Method of Application
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!