The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication for Development Officer
Job Number: 494622
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
Duration of Post: 2 years
Purpose of the Position
In close coordination with the Communication Specialist and sector heads, the Communication for Development Officer will offer technical support and will help design, form, manage, execute, monitor and evaluate a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action, and programme activities to support the overall country programme.
This includes organizing the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant communication materials; developing and enhancing strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and civil society partners; and developing training materials and activities.
Key Expected Results
* Programme communication strategy and plan of action strategically developed and formulated, and the implementation effectively managed, facilitated and executed for social and behavioural change in support of efficient and effective programme delivery.
* Culturally relevant programme communication materials designed, pre-tested, and produced in time, meeting requirements and quality standards.
* Strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society developed and enhanced to promote participation in social and behavioural changes supportive of programme goals.
* Effective training materials and activities organized, developed and implemented to build capacity in participatory and behaviour communication at various government levels.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
* University degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
* Two (2) years of relevant professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes
* Fluency in English and local working language of the duty
Competencies of Successful Candidate
* Diversity and inclusion
* Working with people
* Drive for results
* Functional Competencies
* Formulating Strategies and Concepts
* Applying Technical Expertise
* Learning and Researching
* Planning and Organizing
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!