Our Client, a product of a joint venture between public and private sector companies operating gas pipelines transporting gas across 4 countries in the West African sub region is looking to recruit well qualified, driven and motivated Individuals to join their dynamic multi-cultural work force to work towards achieving their business objectives.
HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY MANAGER
Reports to General Manager - Operations.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and manages short and long term strategies, budgets, key objectives, metrics and plans for the HES organisation;
• Develops tools and techniques to ensure accurate and timely compliance reporting and notification are met;
• Develops and implementing strategies to reinforce safe behaviors in all activities performed by employees of the company;
• Provides overall leadership and management for the HES Team;
• Serves as the HES representative of the company's management team to provide effective and efficient solutions to HES issues;
• Ensures all HES reporting requirements meet the standards of The Environmental Protection Agency, The World Bank and OPIC;
• Coordinates, prioritises and manages resources to ensure compliance and sustained performance of HES personnel and company assets;
• Facilitates the standardisation of policies, procedures and compliance assurance processes for the deployment and implementation of HES,
• Operational Excellence Management Systems (OEMS) and emergency response;
• Determines and Implements staff development plans to achieve individual and departmental competency requirements;
• Provides direct reports career development opportunities, challenging assignments, time for learning and education, an empowering environment, and performance management;
• A Degree in Engineering or Science from a recognised university;
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification hands on experience in pipeline operations, maintenance and construction activities of which ten (10) years must have been in the management of Health, Environment and Safety;
• Must be certified with NEBOSH, Crisis/Incident Management as well as Emergency Response Management;
• Must possess knowledge of Process Safety Management, World Bank
• Safeguard Policies, HES regulations and standards, Emergency
• Response Planning and Geographical Information Systems Technology;
• Must possess excellent communication skills to influence stakeholders for the achievement of objectives with great ability in the usage and application of Microsoft tools;
• Must be able to provide career development opportunities, challenging assignments, time for learning and education, an empowering environment and performance management for direct reports;
• Demonstrable leadership skills as well as strong coaching and mentoring skill;
• Very fluent in English (Spoken and Written).
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send their application and resume to the following email addresses within two weeks of this publication.
All Application s & Resumes should be submitted in ENGLISH. Only SHORTLlSTED candidates will be contacted.
Ghanaian Candidates: email@example.com
Togolese & Beninoise Candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nigerian Candidates: email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!