The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and Independent humanitarian organisation.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
• Initial assessment of the overall functioning of the pre and postoperative wards and ICU (if present) and ER in the
hospitals visited by the team, followed by a written plan of action, weekly implementataion schedule and evaluation
report with recommendations.
• Supervise, assist and train the nurses and auxiliary staff in ICU, ER and the wards in developing skills to improve the quality of their nursing care according to ICRC protocols and guidelines for weapon wounded. Be available to go to the field throughout Nigeria as part of the Mobile Surgical teamfor the surgical management of mass casualties.
• Be flexible and perform tasks not covered in the job description as well as provide support to other departments
• Work in close co-operation with local charge nurses and ward nurses and support the national ward nurse(s) in initiating improvements within their department
• Be an active member of the surgical team acting in the role to ward nurses or in other fields if required.
• Attend and actively participate the ward rounds, assisted by local counterparts.
• In collaboration with the local counterparts, develop and implement a teaching and training program for the nurses in the hospitals visited
• Ensure accurate reporting and statistics of the ward activities in close collaboration with the local counterparts.
• Ensure correct ordering, donating and use of supplies and equipment in the clinical area(s) of responsibility.
• In the event of an emergency deployment of the mobile surgical team, prepare all necessary materials to allow for
proper pre-and postoperative management of casualties in close collaboration with local counterparts.
• Actively participate in the development of mass casualty contingency plans within the hospitals the ICRC team are working. Coach the nursing counterparts in the organisation and execution of mass casualty exercises in the emergency dept and wards
• Registered experienced Nurse with previous clinical bedside teaching experience.
• Up to date knowledge and skills in surgical nursing procedures and general nursing skills
• Management experience in acute surgical care units (ER,OT.ICU)
• Capacity to support Nurses in charge on all nursing aspects
• Capacity to work as integral part of the Mobile Surgical Team if deployed throughout Nigeria
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work within a team
• Computer literate (word, Excel)
How to apply
Please submit your application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma) to the
Administrator ICRC, Delegation Abuja, No 31 Pope John Paul II Street, Maitama, Abuja
Please clearly indicate ''Ward Nurse· on the envelope ..
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The last date for receiving the applications is 23.03.2014
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!