On 06/Dec/2013 / In Medical Advertorials
Dear Colleagues; I am very happy to report that the Associate (AIMLS or AMLSCN) qualification of Medical Laboratory Science has finally been evaluated by the Federal Ministry of Education in Nigeria and confirmed to be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory science in accredited universities in Nigeria.
2. You will recall that I had earlier reported that we requested the MLSCN to officially engage the Federal Ministry of Education to evaluate the Associateship of the Council, as a way to effectively solve the perenial problem of dichotomy in the implementation of the Medical laboratory scientists scheme of service and career progression to the Directorate cadre. The foreign evaluation reports from the UK, USA, Republic of Ireland and Australia were forwarded to Council to buttress our position that advanced countries had previously assessed and evaluated the qualification as equivalent to Honours Bachelors degree in those countries.
3. It now remains to formally convey the evaluation report to the Office of Head of Civil Service of the Federation for their record and necessary guidance.
4. All misguided and self-seeking medical laboratory scientists who have been misleading their Management to perpetuate dichotomy in scheme of service are hereby warned and advised to retrace their steps. Lagos State Hospitals Management Board, OAUTH Ife Board, Enugu State Univ Teaching Hospital, UBTH Benin City and others are to take due notice of this position and stop the unwarranted humiliation of our colleagues in their employment.
5. The official letter will be circulated soon after due clearance and necessary procedures in the Office of Head of Civil Service of the Federation. Let us remain resolute and focused in our determined march to professional actualisation and excellence. We must refuse to be intimidated or cowed by anybody.
6. I salute your patience and persistent loyalty while the problem lasted. We will surely overcome. The stars shine brightest when the night is darkest. The dawn of morning will always follow after darkness.
Dr. G. C. Okara
National President, AMLSN
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!