The president, commander in cheif of the armed forces of the federal republic of nigeria has approved a new salary structure for health professionals and staff in the federal public service following the collective agreement between the federal ministry of health and the joint health sector unions on 2nd December 2009.
The new salary structure, known as the consolidated health salary structure (CONHESS) is attached as Annes 1. The consolidated salary now includes rent subsidy, which in the old salary package was seperated.
The new salary structure applies to the following categories of personnel"
= All health professionals and staff employed in federal hopsitals/ medical centers as well as clinics in federal ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) and
- all health professionals in the federal ministry of health.
Conversion from consolidated tertiary institutions salary structure (CONTISS) or consolidated public service salary structure (CONPSS) to CONHESS for the beneficiaries listed above is shown in Annex 11
Also approved are the rates of job related allowances for health professionals. The details are as follows:
- SPECIALIST ALLOWANCE: The specialist allowance, shown in annex 111 applies only to health profesionals who are employed as consultants in line with the schemes of service used in the public service of the federation
- call Duty Allownace: call duty allownace (annex IV A-B) is payable to health professionals in federal hospitals/medical centers and clinics in MDA's. it is to be earned only when an officer would have actually performed call duty in accordance with an existing call duty roster.
- Shift duty allownace: Shift duty allownace is payable to nurses and other health workers who run shifts in federal hospitals/ medical centers and clinics in MDAs as shown in Annex v in accordance with an existing shift duty roster.
- HEALTH PROFESSIONAL NON-CLINICAL DUTY ALLOWNANCE: This allownace (annex vi a-c) is payable to health professionals deployed to render health related services in the federal ministry of health and other federal health institutions whose colleagues in the hospitals take either call duty allownace or shift duty allownace to be appropriately remunerated.
- CLINICAL DUTY ALLOWNACE: This allowance (Annex VII) is payable to honourary consultants, who are employed as academic staff in universities but render clinical services to federal teaching / specialist hospitals and medical centers.
- TEACHING ALLOWNACE: This allowance is payable to health professionals who are engaged in teachng of health professionals in training in federal teaching / specialist hospitals and medical centers.
- HAZARD ALLOWANCE: Hazard allowance of N60,000 per annum shall be paid across the board to all health professionals and staff.
- RURAL POSTING ALLOWNACE: Federal health professionals and staff who are stationed in rural communities shall be paid this allowance at the rates specified in Annex IX. The fedral ministry of health and the national salaries incomes and wages commission shall jointly determine the designation of a health station as rural.
The new remuneration package takes effect from 1st january 2010/
All enquiries concerning this circular should be directed to the chairman, national salaries incomes and wages commission
Chief R.O.Egbule, FNIM, Chairman.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!