Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work:
NOTE - THIS POSITION IS TO APPLY TO A STAND BY ROSTER FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (ERT).
ER-045: Emergency Doctor Volunteer
Department: Emergency Response Team
Candidates selected for this position will be placed on the ERT standby roster and may be called when the International Medical Corps ERT responds to an emergency. This position is not compensated unless candidates are responding to an emergency response.
When catastrophe hits, International Medical Corps is often one of the first humanitarian aid organizations on the scene—providing rapid and effective aid that saves lives, reduces suffering, and promotes self reliance.
International Medical Corps has established an International Emergency Roster to ensure that emergency positions are filled in a timely manner with professionally qualified, gender balanced, geographically diverse, linguistically able and a highly motivated corps of professionals. The team includes coordinators, logisticians, doctors and water and sanitation experts. It also includes specialists who focus on protection, prevention of sexual violence and aid for rape survivors and mental health.
Emergency Response Team (ERT) members are always on standby to deploy to a crisis within 72 hours, whether they are launching into new areas or lending support to International Medical Corps teams already on the ground.
International Medical Corps maintains a roster of staff which is updated on regular basis in order to include new staff into the system. This also provides an opportunity for the existing staff to update their areas of expertise and other relevant information.
Through this expression of Interest, applicants are encouraged to submit their profiles so that their information is readily available in the International Medical Corps applicant tracking system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
• Conduct initial needs assessments and determine areas of assistance
• Examine, diagnose and treat patients in the out patients clinic according to the guidelines and available protocols
• Monitor and coordinate emergency program activities assigned for the project
• Identify prevalent epidemic diseases in the camp and set up appropriate strategies to be implemented in case of epidemics and other health needs
• Act upon suspected or confirmed communicable diseases according to the protocols and inform the Medical director
• Train and support community health workers and International Medical Corps staff on Primary Health Care and MCH activities
• Identify and treat SGBV incidents
• Anticipate changing needs and emergencies
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum medical degree; preferably with a Master’s in Public Health.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience required, of which 1-2 years should be of developing country experience or resource deprived environment.
• Experience in overseas programs relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and communicable diseases.
• Must be able to deploy to emergencies on short notice
• Previous NGO experience.
• Will have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Will have excellent self-motivation skills.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
• Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
• Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
NEW YEAR PROMO: Invitation To A 3 Day Nursing Clinical Skills Practice Workshop (3 CEU, Suturing, BLS, ACLS, Advaned ECG, Airway Mgt)
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!