Announcing the compulsory professional development program of the institute of radiographers, Nigeria
A Division of THE RADIOGRAPHERS REGISTRATION BOARD OF NIGERIA In COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY
1st Run: 17th – 29th June, 2013
Venue: Braithwaite memorial Specialist Hospital, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
2nd Run: 5th – 17th August, 2013
Venue: University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State
3rd Run: 16th – 28th September, 2013
Venue: Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos (LUTH)
Course Fee: N60,000.00 (Participants are to come with their Laptops)
This intensive appreciation course is to introduce participants to the basic principles of Computed Tomography and its appreciations.
The course will comprise two elements:
- An extensive 3-day theoretical component to provide adequate foundation knowledge of scanning protocols and clinical applications of C.T. through related objects.
- An optimal 2-day “Hands-On” component designed to provide skill acquisition opportunity in head and body C.T. Scanning and to reinforce the theoretical component.
· Introduction to C.T.
· Patient management in C.T.
· Physical principle of C.T.
· Sectional Anatomy for imaging
· C.T. of the Head and CNS
· C.T. of the musculoskeletal system
· C.T. of the neck, thorax & mediastinum
· Hands on
Intending participants must be registered with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria and must be holders of current Practicing Licenses. The course is hospital based therefore participants must comply with the dress code of white overall standard. Internee Radiographers must come along with their logbooks.
This final part of the course is to revise elements of part one and build on them through lectures and moiré demonstration and hands on.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to independently undertake investigations and would be expected to pass Proficiency Examination.
This part of the course will be highly participatory. It will include lectures/discussion simulation exercises, demonstrations, hands-on and written examination.
· C.T. of the abdomen and pelvis
· Other applications of C.T. in 3D imaging and radiation therapy planning techniques
· Pattern recognition of C.T. Images
· Quality assurance, Radiation protection and current trends
This is open to candidates who posses Certificates of Participation in previous editions of this course who want to upgrade and obtain a post-graduate certificate. Such candidates must attend part II of the present course and pay Fifteen Thousand naira (N15,000) examination fee.
Certificates of participation of Post graduate Certificate will be awarded to participants at the end of the course.
ACCOMMODATION: Not provided.
ADMISSION & DOCUMENTATION OF PARTICIPANTS: Physical documentation of participants will commence at the X-ray department of BMSH, UITH or LUTH on the 1st day of the course by 7am.
REGISTRATION: Admission of participants will be based strictly on early registration. Intending participants should pay their registration fees at any UBA branch nationwide to Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria, Account Number 1004137156. Participants can send scanned proof of payment(s) with completed course registration slips on or before 30 days before due date to email@example.com or RRBN Office, Yaba Lagos.
Participants can also pay at the venue. Payments made on or before 30 days to the due date qualifies for a rebate of N5000 (Five Thousand Naira only).