The Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo was established by the Supra Diocesan Board (West) of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), has its origins in the defunct CMS training institution, Abeokuta and the defunct St. Andrews College, Oyo.
The University started as CMS Training Institution in Abeokuta in 1853 from where it was relocated to Lagos (1868 to 1896). In March 1896, it was transplanted to Oyo retrospectively in 1920.
The University is named after the late Samuel Ajayi Crowther, the first African Bishop who first translated the bible into Yoruba. His Episcopal Ministry covered the entire West African sub-continent.
Office Address: Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State, Nigeria