Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Nutrition Field Volunteer
Job Type: Part-Time
* This role domiciled in the NJR4 and IHA Projects provides direct services to beneficiaries on the field in Project’s Communities implementing nutrition interventions (Community Management of Malnutrition [CMAM] and Infant, MUAC screening and referral and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) as agreed with the donor.
* The Nutrition Field Volunteer will also work with the Local Partners (EYN Nutrition Officers and Field Assistants) in ensuring quality delivery of nutrition interventions in the Project locations.
Qualifications Experience And Skills
* Minimum of ND, NCE in Nutrition, Health, Public Health, Social Science or any related fields.
* Experience of working in Nutrition programme.
* Familiarity with the local culture of typical communities.
* Fluent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
* Should be able to converse in Hausa and Kanuri/Shuwa languages
* Acceptable IT Skills
* Strong interpersonal skills.
Key Deliverables Include
* Conduct quality nutrition (MUAC) screening for children under-5 in target Communities.
* On a daily basis, refer identified SAM cases in target communities
* Carry out weekly follow up visits on nutrition beneficiaries.
* Support OTP Services in target communities together with the health team.
* Conduct as well as supervise to ensure quality IYCF counselling sessions provided during Support group meeting.
* Conduct quality food demonstration sessions are in Project supported Communities.
* Carry out IYCF sensitization at various vendors’ outlet during food distribution as may be assigned.
* Build capacity of Mother and father Leaders by providing on-the-job training IYCF-E.
* Participate in nutrition assessment/surveys as approved by Donor.
* Collect quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
* Promote increasing awareness of appropriate nutrition behaviours in project communities by ensuring behaviour change materials are visible in supported communities and health facilities.
* Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
* Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
* We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
* Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not use a third party for employment and also does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process.
* Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!