Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Position: LGA Assistant
Location: Fika, Machina, Yunusari, Yobe
* The position is based in Yobe State and will report to the Sector Manager-Nutrition.
* The LGA Assistant will support the assigned local government area (Machina, Yunusari, Fika) in IYCF program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
* The LGA Assistants will support and coordinate micro nutrient supplement and maternal, newborn and child health weeks and also strengthen technical and advocacy capacity at LGA level.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provide support in planning, implementation and monitoring of key IYCF interventions by working closely with the nutrition focal persons (NFP) and MCH expert at LGA level.
* Working with NFP, support operational researches to identify barriers and facilitators of optimal breastfeeding and complimentary feeding practices.
* Working closely and share experience from the Community nutrition officers in another LGAs to ensure community engagement through systematic community mobilization.
* Ensure community CMAM volunteers are working together with IYCF support group.
* Support the development of key messages and behavioural change communication materials to promote optimal infant and young child feeding practices.
* To provide training for health workers and volunteers on MNCHWs and micronutrient supplementation.
* Coordinate with the NFP to ensure that the logistics request is made on time and are available.
* Conduct joint supportive supervision and follow up on the implementation of MNCHWs.
* Organising and conduct meetings with NFP, MCH expert, M&E expert and others at LGA on both a regular and ad hoc basis
* Provide technical support in the preparation of annual /quarterly/ monthly plans on IYCF/ MNCHWs and nutrition in general.
* Support the preparation of supportive supervision plan and follow its implementation.
* Minimum of a National Diploma in FSL related studies e.g. agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, disaster risk management etc.
* Minimum 1 year work experience in humanitarian contexts and conflict/insecure contexts.
* Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
* Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive.
* Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
* Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
* Experience in implementing programmes on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
* Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (Excel, Power Point, Word)
* Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
* Fluency in Hausa and English.
* Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
* Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
* Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!