Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Supply Chain Management Systems Specialist
Job ID: 13-10031
Reports To: Senior Technical Manager, PSM
* The objective of the SCMS specialist position is to provide technical leadership that will ensure the reliable availability of diagnostics ( RDT), Anti-malarial, Long lasting Insecticides treated nets (LLIN), and other public health commodities, care and support as well as other consumables at designated health facilities in each focus state supported by the Global fund project, in close coordination with the supply chain management systems Senior Technical Manager, Supply Chain Management.
* Build and strengthen the capacities of both LGAs and State Logistics Management Coordinating Unit (LMCUs), and support same to facilitate and improve data collection, validation and timely reporting.
* Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of all SCMS activities implemented under the Global Fund project in the designated focus state
* Member of the state project management team that is responsible for overall project implementation and performance at the field level.
* Provide technical assistance (TA) to a multi-disciplinary team of service providers (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientist) to streamline the process for requesting malaria commodities/medical supply by the partner health facilities and order the same from state medical stores.
* Work closely with Chemonics to ensure tracking of commodities distribution from the central medical warehouse to facilities and provide feedback to central office.
* Provide TA to a multi-disciplinary team of service providers (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientist) to ensure the institutionalization of efficient and effective inventory management system at designated partner health facilities and State central medical warehouse
* Provide guidance to a multi-disciplinary team of service providers (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientist) on Adverse Drug Reaction (ADRs) real time monitoring, documentation and reporting (monthly and quarterly)
* Support LMCUs (LGAs and State) to present at TWG meetings ADRs reported and State Stock status report from facilities.
* Work closely with LCMUs (state and LGAs) to ensure that malaria commodities in the medical ware house have appropriate accountability through real time documentation of all transactions.
* Report monthly/bi-monthly state medical warehouse and facility level stock position
* Working closely with the Senior Technical Manager SCMS to coach and mentor service providers and state government partners to strengthen the SCMS capacity at the state level and in each partner health facilities.
* Utilizing adapted tools, build the capacity of relevant health facility staff (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientists) on forecasting, inventory management and reporting.
* Working closely with the Senior Technical Manager SCM, provide TA to the state logistics technical working group (TWG)/ LMCUs to ensure the implementation of a harmonized logistic management system and framework
* Provide TA to the state government and partner health facilities to ensure the effective reverse logistics and safe disposal of expiries across the supported sites in the state, in line with national and global fund waste drive policy.
* Liaise and network with relevant GF SRs partners, state government and collaborators to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda for SCMS at the state level.
* Participate at state-level PSM Technical working group (TWG) meetings hosted by same or other international agencies as required.
* Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor (Senior Technical Manager SCMS)
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree. Post-graduate degree in public health/health science is an advantage
* Minimum of 3 years’ field level experience with Malarial programs and public health commodities supported by bilateral agencies such as GF, USAID/CDC, and other funders particularly those related to supply chain management both at facilities and state level.
* Have an excellent grasp of SCMS issues and current literature on SCMS in a developing country context
* Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
* Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
* Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!