KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Active Case Finding Coordinator
Location: Southern Nigeria
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO). The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV and drug-resistant TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the position
* The main responsibility of the Active Case Finding (ACF) Coordinator is to assist in the design and implementation of ACF for TB patients in selected communities in any Challenge TB Supported states currently including Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Enugu, Nasarawa, Benue, Niger, Katsina, Kano states. The ACF activity will mostly involve the deployment of the Wellness on Wheels (WoW) mobile truck to selected locations in CTB supported states in Nigeria.
* As part of the responsibilities, the coordinator will liaise with State Ministries of Health including the respective State TB and Leprosy Control Programs, partners (TB and HIV implementing partners, CSOs, Community gatekeepers, heads of religious bodies), health facilities and other related stakeholders in the planning and implementation of the ACF activities.
* The ACF coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the WOW mobile truck as well as supervise the ACF team.
Position in the Organization
* The Coordinator reports to the Senior Regional Program Manager (SRPM) in the designated regions and works in close coordination with the Country Office Technical Lead for ACF.
* The organization reserves the right to deploy the ACF Coordinator to any CTB supported states.
Duties and Responsibilities
In coordination with the NTP, the ACF Coordinator will perform the following duties:
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with community gatekeepers, local authorities, LGA TBLS, state TB control program and other stakeholders to ensure a successful ACF intervention
* Contribute to the overall framework (design) of ACF with a focus on high volume clinics, urban slum settings and other high TB prevalent settings
* Coordinate advocacy efforts with relevant stakeholders including Ministry of Health and LGA health authorities, community groups and other stakeholders in the catchment area
* With stakeholders, develop an implementation plan with milestones and targets towards increasing TB case detection using the WoW mobile truck
* Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the WOW mobile truck as well as supervise the ACF team
* Using relevant epi-data, identify at risk population for TB and coordinate efforts towards screening and diagnosis of clients for TB
* Conduct periodic data analytics towards improving the quality of service for the WoW mobile truck interventions
* Ensure routine maintenance of the WoW mobile truck equipment, keeping appropriate logs for optimal operations
* Institute systems to ensure efficient clients flow and referral linkages
* In collaboration with the SRPM and Country Office ACF lead, explore resource mobilization opportunities to support the operation of the ACF truck
* Ensure smooth running of the ACF services
* Coordinate with the LGA TBLS to ensure all diagnosed patients are started on appropriate treatment and clients for follow up are properly managed
* Report weekly to the designated SRPM and Country Office ACF Lead.
* This function will be based in specific locations in southern Nigeria based on the location selected for ACF.
Who are we looking for?
* MBBs or a Bachelor degree in relevant medical fields
* A Master degree in Public Health and affiliated fields will be an advantage.
* Minimum of 3 years work experience in public health settings preferable – preferably TB or HIV programs;
* Experience in managing a team
* Experience in coordinating multiple party stakeholder
* Experience in wide scale community-based intervention
* Experience in community mobilization efforts
* Experience managing complex health data.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
* An out-of-the-box thinker who can develop innovative ideas towards achieving the objective of increasing TB case finding
Demonstrable facilitation skills
* Proven ability to develop effective working relationships
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail.
What do we Offer?
* A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
* An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
* A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
* The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
* KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!