Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Position: Mental Health Psycho-social Support Counsellor
Line Manager: Emergency Team Lead/Mental Health Coordinator
Length of contract: 1 months
Possibility for extension: yes
Under the supervision of the Emergency Team Lead/Mental Health Coordinator, the Mental Health Psychosocial Support Counsellor (within the emergency team) will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
* Respond to different crises identified by MdM needs assessment (epidemic and/or sudden mass displacement of population) as part of the emergency team.
Once an emergency situation has been stabilised, the Mental health Psychosocial Support Counsellor, along with the emergency team, will be deployed to support the different MdM clinics in Maiduguri, Jere and Damboa LGAs.
The Mental Health Psychosocial Support Counsellor will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
* Contribute to the implementation of the overall mental health and psychosocial support strategies, activities and resources in the specified location
Facilitate the delivery of a quality mental health & psychosocial support (MHPSS) for individuals and their communities, as well as to improve communities’ mental health and psychosocial well-being.
* Contribute to the integration of MHPSS component into existing and new programs according to HQ Mental Health Strategy
* Supervise and provide technical follow-up to MdM MHPSS staff in specified location
* Deliver individual and group counselling sessions to identified clients through MDM Clinics, in line with the MdM integrated approach
* Develop psychosocial activities; community mobilization, awareness raising, creation of family support group, working on family links etc.
* Support MH Coordinator in delivering training, workshops etc as outlined in the project.
* Support in the creation of materials including publicity documents, workshops contents.
* Engage with the community to deliver and promote MDM MHPSS project activities in the designated locations.
* Assist in writing monthly, quarterly, annual reports, monitoring and evaluation activity and progress reports of project activities including monthly reporting to the MHPSS Coordinator.
* On request support MH Coordination in specific tasks
* Maintain a positive image of MdM at all times and in all circumstances.
* Contribute to weekly / monthly activities reports to line manager (Emergency Team Lead/ Mental Health Coordinator)
* Report to Emergency Team Lead/ Mental Health Coordinator on a monthly basis regarding mental health activities- to be sent in the first week of the month.
* Apply and respect MDM security rules in the mission
* Maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners
* Attend and contribute to team meetings
* Contribute in preparing emergency plans with the MDM-F team to adjust MDM-F activities and medical resources to the needs in Nigeria.
* Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of his/her supervisor.
* Perform other additional duties on request of the Emergency Team Lead and Mental Health Coordinator.
* To behave with self-restraint at all times and respect the dignity of the beneficiaries.
* Work as part of a team and participate in the required activities.
* To believe in concepts of equality, human rights, neutrality and impartiality
* Demonstrate motivation at work
* Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in any capacity building activities
* Respect each team member’s position, work and specialty
* Adapt to special situations or demands from emergency team leader
* Ability to receive feedback and willingness to improve own capacities
As the MHPSS focal point in the emergency team, the roving counsellor will be responsible for:
* Implementing MHPSS project activities with partner organisations in emergency setting by preparing and implementing action and training plans, supervision sessions, field visits, training materials, and monitoring and evaluation of activities
* Reporting MHPSS needs and identifying gaps in the emergency response and existing MdM clinics
* Draft MH integration plans and materials for SRH Project; provide trainings, supervision and reports as needed.
* Prepare MHPSS Reports for Advocacy Uses.
* Draft EPP/ MH integration training plans and materials; provide training and supervision as needed.
* Experience in similar position for at least 2 years
* Good knowledge in nutrition
* Capacities in team management
* Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
* Strong work ethic and rigor
* Languages (spoken and written): English and Hausa
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page Curriculum Vitae, three work-related references and one page cover letter, in One Document (MS Word or PDF) explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above to: email@example.com Please write the "Job Title and your Name" in the subject line.
* Only applications by email will be considered
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
* We are unable to accept phone calls.
* We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
* Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
* Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
* MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!