The attention of Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria (RRBN) has been drawn to calls for admission by some Schools/Colleges of Health Technology across the country, and universities in courses leading to the award of OND, HND and B.Sc certificates in Medical Imaging Technology, ultrasound and radiography and wishes to clarify as follows:
1. That RRBN is the only regulatory body established by Law to set standards of training, determine level of training, accredit and regulate the practice of Radiography/Medical Imaging in Nigeria (Decree 42 of 1987 now CAP RI LFN 2004).
2. That the OND, HND and B.Sc programs in Medical Imaging Technology/radiography/ultrasound run by:
i. Some State Schools/Colleges of Health Technology(OND,HND).
ii. University of Buea, Cameroon and University of Duala, Cameroon(B.Sc).
iii. Imperial College of Advanced Studies, Kano, Kano State in affiliation with Alpha Higher Institute Douala, Cameroon, University of Buea, Cameroon(B.Sc), are not accredited nor regulated by RRBN and as such holders of such certificates cannot legally practice in Nigeria.
3. That all the schools mentioned above lack both human and material resources to train personnel in radiography.
4. That the certificates obtained from such institutions cannot be used for direct entry, for B.Sc Radiography programs or postgraduate studies in Nigerian universities.
5. That radiography is a professional course that involved the use/application of electromagnetic radiation (ionizing and non ionizing radiation) on human body for diagnosis and treatment of diseases to promote health.
6. That wrong application of ionizing radiation by quacks has the potential to cause cancer, sterility, disability and even death.
7. The public is hereby advised to disregard calls for admission Into such Schools/colleges or Health Technology and the above mentioned universities for courses in Medical Imaging Technology, radiography, ultrasound and also advise their children.
8. Radiography is run in Nigerian universiti. at B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD level. Please visit www.rrbn.gov.ng for more information.
9. Nigerians are advised to INSIST that only qualified registered Radiographers expose them to ionizing and non ionizing radiation in hospitals/diagnostic centres.
The Board (RRBN) is working hard to ensure protection of the public from exposure to ionizing radiation by unqualified personnel in Nigeria.
Kindly disseminate the content of this disclaimer.
Dr. Mark C. Okeji. PhD, KSJI
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!