iplus Consortium - The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration project which is funded by the Global Fund is designed to improve patient access and availability of medicines - through visibility, control and efficient last mile delivery. The project will also ensure tighter integration of National health commodities supply chains between Federal & State, Donors, Public & Private Sector, and across commodities - HIV, Malaria, TB, Reproductive Health and Vaccines.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: State Logistics Management Coordination Consultant - Risk and Issue Visibility Consultant
Locations: Jigawa, Kebbi, Ondo, Rivers, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara
Reports to: The State Director of Pharmaceutical Services (DPS) through the State LMCU Coordinator and to the National LMCU Task Team
Slot: 7 Positions
• The key role of the Risk and Issue Visibility Consultant will be to build capacity of State LMCU to collect and analyze logistic data, in order to routinely determine and report all risks and issues at health facilities within the state.
The State LMCU Consultant in collaboration with the NPSCMP, State Ministry of health and PSM stakeholders in the State, shall carry out the following activities:
• Support the set-up, operationalization and optimization of LGA LMCU units and data collection & reporting to respective stakeholders
• Build the capacity of the LMCU personnel on LMIS
• Ensure the timely receipt and processing of routine reports, which is not limited to: monthly LMIS data, stock status report, forecasting & quantification reports/reviews, etc. (where applicable).
• Conduct appropriate data validation on data collection, collation and content.
• Build the capacity of the designated state Risk and Issue Visibility (RIV) officer to perform the duties of an NSCIP modelled RIV officer
• Prepare and submit RIV report as at when due
• Liaise with the PIC consultant and/or officer to review RIV report and determine appropriate interventions
• Use the RIV report to prioritize monitoring and supervisory visits (MSVs)
• Deploy capacity building interventions, not limited to training, coaching and mentoring, designed to build state LMCU capability to conduct audits, lead operational improvements, educate and train facility staff, collate data, provide reports, apply better inventory techniques and manage performance
• Prepare all periodic reports as may be required by the State and NSCIP
• Prepare State LMCU work-plan.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor in Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Public Health, Logistics Management or other health related degree
• 3-4 years working experience in health programs and/or supply-chain industry, preferably in supply chain management for medical supplies
• Demonstrated experience in supporting activities at State and LGA levels related to supply chain especially in collaboration with the State Ministry of Health
• A Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or related fields will be an added advantage
• Able to work both in a team and to be self-managing.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver project deliverables within stipulated timelines
• Knowledge of Microsoft office package (such as excel, word, and PowerPoint) and internet proficiency.
• Understanding of predominant Nigerian language within State (particularly northern States) is also strongly desired
• Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria and to spend extended periods of time in the field.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the title of post applied for and location in the subject line of the email.
• Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
• Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!