iplus Consortium - The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration project which is funded by the Global Fund is designed to improve patient access and availability of medicines - through visibility, control and efficient last mile delivery. The project will also ensure tighter integration of National health commodities supply chains between Federal & State, Donors, Public & Private Sector, and across commodities - HIV, Malaria, TB, Reproductive Health and Vaccines.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Performance Improvement and Coordination Consultant - State Logistics Management Coordination Unit
Locations: Adamawa, Abia, Anambra, Benue, Borno, Imo, Kaduna, Kano, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa and Taraba
Reports to: The State Director of Pharmaceutical Services (DPS) through the State LMCU Coordinator and to the National LMCU Task Team
Slot: 12 Positions
• Key role of the consultant is to position the state as supply chain leader i.e. build capacity of State LMCU to integrate all supply chain systems, coordinate all supply chain stakeholders to align their systems and synchronize their activities with the LMCU while driving routine performance improvement.
• The State LMCU Consultant in collaboration with the NPSCMP, State Ministry of health and PSM stakeholders in the State, shall carry out the following activities.
• Build the capacity of LMCU personnel on supply chain leadership (integration and coordination)
• Integrate all the supply chain systems in the State into the LMCU mainstream
• Influence all supply chain stakeholders (programs, partners, government) to align their systems and synchronize their activities (including work plans) with the LMCU
• Actively search for and manage risks that may affect the successful integration, alignment, synchronization and performance of LMCU activities
• Ensure that all activities performed in the LMCU transcend output towards expected outcomes i.e. build capacity of LMCU to effectively manage both out-sourced and owned activities
• Build the capacity of the designated State Performance Improvement and Coordination (PIC) officer to perform the duties of an NSCIP modelled PIC officer
• Use the risk and issue visibility report to determine appropriate interventions required to resolve issues and mitigate risks
• Influence and support the relevant supply chain partners and other stakeholders to resolve identified issues and mitigate risks
• Prepare and submit summary supply chain performance improvement reports on key indicators i.e. (reporting rate, stock out rate, wastage rate and LMCU funding rate)
• Prepare all periodic reports as may be required by the State and NSCIP
• Monitor, track and document supply chain indicators based on performance monitoring framework at state level
• Participate in state monitoring and supervisory visits (MSVs)
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Public Health, Logistics Management or other health related degree
• 3-4 years working experience in health programs and/or supply-chain industry, preferably in supply chain management for medical supplies
• Demonstrated experience in supporting activities at State and LGA levels related to supply chain especially in collaboration with the State Ministry of Health
• A Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related fields will be an added advantage
• Able to work both in a team and to be self-managing
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver project deliverables within stipulated timelines
• Knowledge of Microsoft office package (such as excel, word, and PowerPoint) and internet proficiency
• Understanding of predominant Nigerian language within State (particularly northern States) is also strongly desired
• Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria and to spend extended periods of time in the field.
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com indicate the title of post applied for and location in the subject line of the email.
• Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
• Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!