Since 1993, as the second French NGO, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
Independent, private and nonprofit, French NGO ACTED (operating under the French law Association loi 1901) respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: responsibility, impact, enterprising-spirit and inspiration.
Position: Nutrition Officer
About the job
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Nutrition Officer is responsible for the development of nutrition training manual, leaf let, designing IEC material and training of staff members on nutrition. The Nutrition Officer will support nutrition activities in ACTED Project locations in Borno through training, mentoring, facilitating .This position will ensure that Acted nutrition interventions are in line with the Nutrition Cluster strategy and will be an active member of the Nutrition ClusterYour main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Under the overall guidance and supervision of the PM, The nutrition officer will provide technical assistance to field staff regarding Nutrition.
• S/He will be responsible for devising training strategy to train female and male beneficiaries in the intervention areas.
• S/He will be responsible for designing and preparing of manual for training, leaf let/brushers on nutrition for beneficiaries in Borno.
• S.He will be responsible for the training/orientation of all field staff in Borno.
• S/He will be responsible for planning and reporting of training activities to immediate supervisor.
• S/He will establish linkages with other organizations working in the sector and represent Acted in all local level nutrition working group meetings and other relevant activities such as assessments, training, monitoring, etc.
• S/He will make sure timely collection of data from the field sites and timely reporting of nutrition activities.
• S/He will have to deliver simple messages for the prevention of malnutrition and attainment of good health and nutritional status.
• S/He Will be responsible to formulate Community awareness/sensitization session messages for the BNFs and disseminate it with the active involvement of key stakeholders in a language that local people understand.
• S/He should be competent too to deliver messages as brief as possible for the target population, using local concepts and understandings of malnutrition, and terms to describe it.
• Responsible for devising Visual aids (e.g. pictures, brochures, leaflets, etc) for disseminating among key Stakeholders (traditional leaders, teachers, etc, for enhancement of the effectiveness of this process.
• S/He should be familiar with key health and education messages (IEC materials) for community awareness and sensitization session and be able to fill the recording formats and reporting.
• S/he will participate in the GFD activities, support distribution and registration when needed.
• All employees should master ACTED's core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in social sciences, development studies, nutrition or other relevant discipline
• Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
• Technical skills such as Microsoft Office, ODK, Kobo collecting data using tablets/cells and Android devices
• Degree of Information technology and/or records Management
• Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite,
• Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
• Experience working with displaced populations
• Experience hiring and managing casual laborers
• Experience conducting focus group discussions, or the ability to learn rapidly
19th March, 2018. CVs will be review on rolling bases.
Method of Application
• We offer
• Contract length: 3Months
• Level: D2-1 (national contract)
• Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
Applications can be sent through email to: email@example.com
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidate. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!