AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Location: Abuja, Cross River
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager/State Coordinator
• Coordinates pharmacy- related activities in AHF supported sites under his/her purview through mentorship of pharmacy staff in medication adherence counselling, pharmaceutical care, provision of relevant drug information, quality assurance of pharmaceuticals, quality improvement of pharmacy services, implementation of appropriate drug dispensing protocols and pharmacy best practices.
• Works with clinicians to ensure rational drug use, monitor adverse drug reactions, appropriate drug regimen, and improved clinical outcomes of anti-retroviral therapy in patients across AHF Nigeria-supported health facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Reviews prescriptions from AHF care providers to assure accuracy, clinical appropriateness and rational drug use (in accordance with standard guidelines Including the current National Guidelines for HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care> across AHF Nigeria - supported health facilities.
• Answers questions and provides information to patients and health care providers on drug interactions, aide effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
• Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
• Ensures implementation of pharmacy best practices (pharmaceutical care of patients, standard drug dispensing protocols, standard storage of drugs, and implementation of the first-to expire, first-out procedure in the drug stores in all AHF Nigeria-supported health facilities under his/her purview.
• Ensures availability of anti-retroviral drugs and drugs for opportunistic infections by issuing drugs as required at all AHF Nigeria health facilities from the AHF State Store.
• Manages all drug inventory procedures at the state level.
• Monitors National Pharmacy Indicators in all AHF Sites for quality improvement.
• Ensures appropriate drug reference materials, National treatment guidelines, National Standard Operating Procedures Manuals for Logistics Management of HIV/AIDS Commodities and paediatric dosing wheels are provided for the relevant staff.
• Support drug procurement processes from AHF Nigeria pre-qualified drug vendors.
• Support the reviews drug reports to ensure submission of accurate and auditable monthly and bi-monthly drug reports from AHF clinic sites to the organization, Federal Ministry of Health, and National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme.
• Represents AHF Nigeria in State Procurement and Supply Chain Management Logistics Technical Working Group Meetings, as well as state Ministry of Health Workshops.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experiences
• Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B.Pharm.)
• Experience in logistics management of drugs, preferably in an NGO
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
• Must possess a valid license to practice ass Pharmacist
• Must be proficient in MS Office.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!