On 20/Feb/2018 / In NGO Jobs
Nutrition Officer promotes, protect and support optimal Infant and Young Child Feeding practices; supports in the referral of malnutrition cases; provides capacity building and trainings to community nutrition mobilizers, health workers and Community Nutrition Mobilizers on IYCF-E and referral mechanism; and ensures that identified SAM and MAM cases are identified and referred appropriately.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Health / Public Health / Nutrition / BSc or equivalent with minimum of 2 years progressive experience post NYSC
- Experience in Nutrition and community based programming
- Experience of emergency nutrition work (preferably CMAM) and implementation of feeding programs, including monitoring and evaluation
- Basic training in IYCF-E
- Proven capacity of management, leadership and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Experience in community based interventions in Nigeria especially in the NE
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
- Computer literate
- Master trainer and good facilitator
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments and an understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Click HERE to Apply
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!