On 27/Feb/2018 / In NGO Jobs
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Posiion: Laboratory Technician
Location: Abuja, Cross River
Reports to: Laboratory Scientist
• To provide laboratory support in all sites and adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the country program.
• Involved in training, support supervision, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff.
• Directly supports HIV Medics running the Partec CD4 machines. Ensures that high quality of laboratory services is maintained at all healthcare centers under his/her purview.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Participates in planning and support supervision activities for the laboratory function for all sites under his/her purview;
• Provides basic laboratory services for CD4tests and other tests as required;
• Supports laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
• Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory Protocols for all HIV Medics involved with the lab function;
• Coordinates with all laboratory vendors (outside contractors), and the sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of results efficient and effective;
• Conducts quality control checks and maintenance for the Partec CD4 machine in all labs and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
• Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices stall affiliated healthcare centers;
• Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under his/her sites;
• Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the Healthcare Centers;
Other duties as assigned.
• Education and Experiences
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science;
• Experience with CD4 systems
• A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
• Must be proficient in MS Office
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!