AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Posiion: Laboratory Scientist
Location: Benue, Abuja
Reports to: Laboratory Services Manager/State Coordinator
• To provide laboratory oversight in AHF supported sites and monitor adherence to standard laboratory protocols and guidelines.
Involved in training, support supervision, mentorship, and team building exercises for laboratory staff. Directly supervises laboratory technicians and other • lab personnel on routine lab assays, demonstrates experience in running the Cyf low (CD4+), Chemistry and Hematology machines.
• Ensures implementation of laboratory services in line with approved QCIQA protocols at supported healthcare centers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Participates in planning and overseeing, supervision and monitoring activities for the laboratory function for all sites;
• Provides routine and basic laboratory services for PLHIV attending the health facilities as required;
• Oversees laboratory services provision, ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services including calibration, standardization and maintenance of automated or Semi- automated instruments following established procedures.
• Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols for all lab technicians and assistance involved with the lab function; including maximizing the use of available resources.
• Coordinates with all laboratory vendors (external contractors) and the sites to ensure that the process of handling patient samples and delivery of result is efficient and effective.
• Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices at all affiliated healthcare centers.
• Validates and reports, results of assays performed, delivers patients reports according to times indicated in policy and collection manual and ensuring strict adherence to safety procedures
• Participates n identifying training needs, capacity building, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
• Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHf Nigeria for all sites;
• Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory at the supported Healthcare Centers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experiences
• AIMLS, BMLS
• Experience with handling Semi or fully automated machines a must;
• A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
• Must poses a valid license to practice as a Medical laboratory scientist.
• Must be proficient in MS Office,
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!