AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Position: HIV Prevention Coordinator
Location: Abuja, Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River
Reports to: Prevention Program Manager/State Coordinator
• The HIV prevention coordinator will ensure implementation HIV prevention programs In AHF supported health facilities, ensure adherence to SOPs, national guidelines and protocols.
• He/ she would facilitate the expansion and coverage of prevention program in line with approved program objectives. Strengthen collaboration & partnership with CBO / CSOs and other NGOs to enhance synergy
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at Biomedical Prevention of HIV (including Testing and Counseling).
• Coordinates the provision of community ICT outreaches according to acceptable protocols and in line with the national guidelines.
• Scale up and strengthen the provision of HCT through provider initiated testing and counseling approaches (PITC).
• Contributes to the design and implementation of approaches in other prevention strategies-including but not limited to Blood and Injection safety, Post exposure prophylaxis, HlV Testing and Counseling, and PHDP.
• Ensures effective and strategic leadership for HCWs at heath facilities and partners within the continuum of care.
• Support the design and implementation of prevention programs for MARPs and other key populations (i.e. as female sex workers, Adolescent and young persons as well as PWID).
• Contribute to the capacity building of HCWs and staff of CBO partners with respect to HIV prevention programs.
• Provides technical assistance to health facilities, CBOs sub-partners on strategic program implementation.
• Support and strengthen collaboration among CBO partners involved in HIV programs and promotes use of national and internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV biomedical interventions / services among AHF sponsored or supported programs in Nigeria.
• Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
• Ensure effective data entry, manage and supervise the process of appropriate data collection at the facility and community using appropriate data tools for all HIV prevention programs.
• Assist to ensure coordinated inventory management, performs a monthly stock count; and reports appropriately.
• Represents AHF in strategic and technical partnerships-at the National, State and Local Government levels.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned as needed.
• Supervises HCT mobile teams.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities In accordance with AHFs policies and applicable laws;
To perform this job successfully, an Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• BSc, BA or any relevant qualification.
• MPH would be an added advantage
• 2-3 years’ experience in providing HIV prevention activities.
• Experience with managing CBO partners a plus.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!