On 27/Feb/2018 / In NGO Jobs
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Position: ART Nurse
Location: Abuja, Cross River
Reports to: Senior Nursing Officer
• The ART nurse assists the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility.
• He /She will directly support the health facility and community HIV prevention programs, strengthen referral and linkage services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based ART, PMTC1 prevention and TB services,
• Initiate and expand PITC in the supported health facilities.
• Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e. dressing changes).
• Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
• Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
• Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
• May act as steam leader to assist with the provision and supervision of patient care.
• Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
• Provides patient and family education.
• Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
• Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality,
• Reports significant changes in the patient’s physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
• Establish and support effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
• Work closely with the prevention coordinator to supervise community program staff and ensure achievement of targets as well as timely preparation and dissemination of reports
• Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
• Implement operational research protocols to answer important question within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
• Any other duty designated by the Country Program Manager.
Education and Experiences
• University graduate in Nursing.
• At least two years’ experience in HIV program management.
• Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
• Must be highly organized and capable of effective multi-tasking.
• Must be proficient in MS Office
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!