The April 2018 Fellowship Examinations of the West African College of Surgeons (WACS), in the Faculties of Anaesthesia, Dental Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Radiology and Surgery, will hold from 11th April to 25th April, 2018.
All candidate application for primary, Diploma in Anaesthesia, Parts I/membership & II should log on to www.wacscoac.org and follow the step to step proceedure for online application.
THE PRIMARY EXAMINATIONS WILL HOLD ON FRIDAY 13TH April, 2018 IN EIGHT CENTRES AS FOLLOWS:
1. University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Nigeria
2. National Centre for Women Development (NCWD), Abuja, Nigeria
3. Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), Accra, Ghana
4. National Orthopaedic Hospital (NOH) Main Hall, Enugu, Nigeria
5. Komfo Anokye Teaching hospital kumasi
6. Connaught Hospital, Freetown, Sierra leonae
7. Edward Francis Small Teaching Hospital (EFSTH) Banjul, The Gambia
8. The Medical College Campus Auditorium near the St. Joseph's Catholic Hospital, Monrpvia
The Parts I/Membership & part II Examinations will hold from 11th April, 2018 (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) and 12th April, 2018 (Anaesthesia, Diploma in Anaesthesia (DA) & Surgery Membership) while 16th April, 2018 (Dental Surgery, Ophthalmology, ORL, Radiology and Surgery) in Two Centres namely:
* University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan, Nigeria
* Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) Accra, Ghana
Attention: Surgery Faculty only: from April 2018, Membership Examination in the faculty of Surgery ( Accra & Ibadan) shall be in Computer Based Test (CBT) Format and Clincal Examinations shall be by the OSCE format.
* Candidates applying for the Primary Fellowship Examinations must be Medical Practitioners who are fully registered in member countries, have acquired at least one year-post-registration experience. Candidates must register and pay ONLINE by logging on to www.wacscoac.org where candidates passport phtotgraph, Degree Certificate and Evidence of FULL registration with Medical & Dental Council of their countries will be unploaded. Provisional Registration Certificate or Annual practicing License is NOT Acceptable.
* As part of primary registration requirement, candidates are to print the CERTIFICATION page from the website to be endorsed by the supervising Consultant or HOD and UPLOAD the signed Certification page along with other required documents ONLINE. NO DOCUMENT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO THE COLLEGE SECRETARIAT.
* Candidates applying to sit for diploma in anaesthesia Should register and pay ONLINE by logging on to www.wacscoac.org where the required documents are to be uploaded. Diploma candidates must have completed the requisite twelve months 12months training in Anaesthesia in an accredited institution. ONLY photocopy of APPROVED LOG BOOK/PROTFOLIO should be submitted to the College Secretariat.
* As part of requirements fro DA online registration, candidates are to download the certification form, fill it with proper endorsement from the supervisiong consultant or head of department and upload it on the website.
* Candidates applying to sit the Part I/Membership Fellowship Examinatiopns should register and pay ONLINE by logging on to www.wacscoac.org where the reguired documents are to be uploaded. Candidates must have passed the primary examination of the West African College of Surgeons or its equivalent and satisfactorily completed appropriate years of postgraduate training as prescribed by the relevant faculty in the institution(s) accredited for the purpose by the college. ONLY the original certificates of training (COT) from with sates of commencement and completed of traininf clearly stated and photocopy of APPROVED LOG BOOK should be submitted to the college secretariat except for surgery first time applicants who are to submit originals with a photocopy.
* Altered or defaced COT will not be accepted, www.medicalworldnigeria.com. submission of photocopies of logbooks (Sprial Bound) duly certified by their training consultants is commpulsory. Surgeon in training registration evidence and attendance certificate of relevant update courses are required.
* As part of requirements for Part I/Membership registration online, candidates are to download the authentication form, fill it with proper endorsement from fellows and head of department and upload it on the website.
* Candidates applying to sit the Part II/Membership Fellowship Examinatiopns should register and pay ONLINE by logging on to www.wacscoac.org where the reguired documents are to be uploaded. Candidates must have passed the primary examination of the West African College of Surgeons or its equivalent and satisfactorily completed appropriate years of postgraduate training as prescribed by the relevant faculty in the institution(s) accredited for the purpose by the college. ONLY the original certificates of training (COT) from with sates of commencement and completed of traininf clearly stated and photocopy of APPROVED LOG BOOK should be submitted to the college secretariat except for surgery first time applicants who are to submit originals with a photocopy.
* As part of requirements for Part II/Membership registration online, candidates are to download the authentication form, fill it with proper endorsement from fellows and head of department and upload it on the website.
* Candidates applying to sit surgery part II Examinations must submit three (3) copies of their dessertations and three (3) copies of approved proposals seperately bound in spiral format and a copy of their resident log book at the time of submission of applicaiton for the examination. They should in addition bring their file(s) of the raw result of dissertation with them to the venue of the oral examination. It is the candidates responsiblity to retreive both his or her log book and dissertation at the end of the examination. A copy of the dissertation shall be kept by the college.
* Candidates who wish to sit October 2018 part II examinations in O&G must submit Case Books and dissertations latest by friday 30th March, 2018.
* All first time applicants for membership & Part II in the Faculty of Srgery should submit the original of their log books along with the photocopies od the Logbooks and their application forms for the examinations. Fresh Candidates who submit only the photocopies of their logbooks will be disqualified from the examinations. Each Candidates should collect his/her original logbooks from the College Secretariat one month before examinations and should arrive at the venue of the examinations with the original of their logbooks.
* Candidates applying to sit for dental Surgery must submit Two (2) Copies of their logbooks while part II candidates for ORL and radiology are to submit a photocopy of their logbooks in a spiral bound formaa-any loose or disorganised logbook will not be examined. Three (3) copies of approved proposal and three (3) copies of dissertations before the closing date of application. original copies of logbooks should be brought to the examination venues.
* All Part II candidates must submit online an evidence of attendance of Manuscript Writing Workshop and the Health Management and Ethics Workshop.
* Further details are available in the Prospectus of the College
1. Primary Examination - N110,000.00
2. Diploma in Anaesthesia (DA) - N110,000.00
3. Part I Examination - N160,000.00
4. Part II (Final) Examination - N200,000.00
MODE OF PAYMENT
Payment for all aspects of the examinations should be made online. No payment Teller shall be accepted by the College. Any candidate who refuses to follow this directive shall be disqualified and his/her money forfeited.
DEFERMENT OF EXAMINATION AFTER SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION OR REFUND OF EXAMINATION FEES AFTER PAYMENT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
The closing date for the online application is January 12th, 2018. Candidates for the Part II (Final) Examinations in Anaesthesia, Dental Surgery, Ophthalmology, ORL, Radiology and Surgery must submit their dissertations by the closing date. NO LATE SUBMISSION.
Applications and Dissertations submitted later than January 12, 2018 would not be processed.
Documents to be submitted online
• For Primary Applicants - All documents to be submitted online.
• For DA - All Documents except Logbook that will be sent to the College Secretariat
• For Parts I/Membership & Part II - All documents except Original Certificate of Training (COT) and photocopy of logbook but 1st time applicants for surgery are to submit Original and photocopy of logbooks
* Candidats are advised to carefully populate appropriate feids meant for suname and othernames, any error that arises from this may lead to candidates disqualification.
* Candidates should ensure that the same name is used when making offline payment and registration for the examination, any disparity between name for offline payment and the one for online registration would lead to candidates disqualification.
* Relevant documents as evidence for change of name should uploaded where applicable.
• Copies of Dissertations and approved Proposals - Part II to be submitted to the college.
• Photocopy o f Log Books in spiral bound format (DA, Parts I/Membership & Part II
• All first time applicants for Surgery Part I/Membership & II are to submit Original and photocopies of logbooks
• Evidence of attendance at Manuscript Writing workshop (Part II to he submitted online
• Evidence of attendance at Health Management and Ethics WOrkshop (Part II) to be submitted online
• Evidence of training since passing Primary (Part I/Membership) to be submitted online
• Evidence of training since passing Part I Membership (Part II) to be submitted online
• Evidence of registration as a Surgeon in Training (S.I.T) Part I/Membership candidates only (to be submitted online)
• Exemption Certificate front Primary (Where applicable for Part I/Membership candidates) to be submitted online
• Relevant documents for Change of Name (where applicable) to be ssainnitted online
• Candidates should provide an address which can easily be accvssed by courier.
Dr.J.Olutola Olatosi, FWACS
Secratary General WACS
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
FEELING BORED? Read Funny, Weird and Odd Stories, CLICK HERE!!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!