On 16/Nov/2017 / In NGO Jobs
The Technical Director will be responsible for the provision of technical leadership and expertise for a large-scale grants management program focused on Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria. The program will reflect the objectives of the PEPFAR strategy with respect to care and support for orphans and other vulnerable children affected by HIV/AIDS. The program will be responsible for ensuring a) coordinated national response to OVC service provision, monitoring and evaluation b) coordination and collaboration with GoN entities at the Federal and State level (Ministry of Women and Social Affairs, National Agency for the Control of AIDS , Ministry of Health ) and other implementing partners; and c) support districts to implement and monitor OVC support including issues of quality, coverage, and improvements in wellbeing of children.
S/he will develop technical strategies and will oversee and guide the implementation of program activities across the all target geographic areas and will provide expert technical guidance related to the mitigation of the impact of HIV/AIDS on children, family and communities in Nigeria. The Technical Director will be responsible for technical quality assurance, so that the project is in line with and advances the state of the art and achieves the program objectives and expected results; and will lead and oversee monitoring and evaluation of the project. S/he will represent the program in related technical fora and will provide overall coordination of technical capacity building of government and civil society partners. The Technical Director will have sufficient experience to serve as the Chief of Party during absences of the incumbent. S/he will maintain close liaison with USAID, Save the Children offices, and partners as needed and will work with the COP to ensure the timely submission of all deliverables to USAID, including annual work plans and performance monitoring plans. This is a senior leadership role and will serve as a key member of the project team; the Technical Director will report directly to the COP. The Technical Director will coordinate and maintain close liaison with project partners and with relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in public health or a related professional advanced degree
- At least ten years of experience in public health, including at least four years of experience in multi-sectoral care and support for OVC and persons living with HIV
- At least five years of experience in a field-based management position for a complex, multi-sectoral, public health and/or international development USAID/PEFPAR project, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa in general. Specific experience in Nigeria desirable.
- The ability to manage a program of similar magnitude and complexity; work collaboratively across technical disciplines
- Solid knowledge and understanding of current good practices in OVC programming.
- Strong communication skills – both verbally and in writing including good working of Hausa language
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing effective partnerships with private sector entities
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring capacity strengthening approaches for government and civil society partners
- Proven experience mentoring and strengthening technical skills of staff.
- Proven ability in promoting and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Excellent analytical, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus
Click HERE to apply
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!