On 16/Nov/2017 / In NGO Jobs
The Chief of Party (COP) provides overall strategic leadership and managerial oversight for the administrative, programmatic, technical, research and operational aspects of the programme. S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the programme and will be accountable for the quality of interventions and for the effective financial and operational management including financial and budgetary oversight, timely implementation of activities, and effective stakeholder relationship management. S/he will also be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the donor, government and partner agencies, operating in Lagos, Jigawa and Abuja. The COP will also serve as the primary liaison and program representative with government representatives, donors, partner agencies and local institutions and communities. S/he will ensure that planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as donor reporting functions are executed efficiently and effectively to ensure that the project achieves its purposes and outputs.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the programme.
- Attract, secure and maintain strong working relationship with partners. This may be strategic partnerships, such as the UNICEF and WHO or joint implementation partnerships with I/NGOs.
- Ensure representation by the programme on behalf of Save the Children, builds trust and influence with Government, donors and other key stakeholders, highlighting where effective practise can positively influence policy.
- Ensure the provision of high quality technical assistance by in-country and UK based technical advisers and external consultants (if appropriate).
- Lead the development of high quality programming, annual plans and budgeting processes for the programme, as and when necessary.
- Ensure that an effective monitoring system is in place for achieving agreed programme targets and sound financial management, as well as ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor.
- Focus on and respond to requirements of scale-up through replicating and ensuring value for money on identified effective approaches and techniques.
- Oversee the programme’s operational and analytical research, coordinate the publication and dissemination of results and ensure that research informs advocacy.
- Oversee the process of learning, evaluation, capturing and disseminating lessons from the programme for continuous improvement of programme performance and overall outcome
- Ensure that other technical sectors (e.g. Nutrition, Advocacy) are coordinated, integrated and support each other to optimise the project purposes and objectives.
- Lead on the submission of quarterly and annual reports and submission of deliverables and payment SCUK;
- Inspire, lead and motivate the programme team to deliver project objectives, including technical advisors and consultants, and the finance and admin staff working on the project.
- Ensure that the project is appropriately staffed across Save the Children, including the appropriate combination of expertise across technical and operational areas, building capacity where needed;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the project, including compliance with donor transparency (IATI) and due diligence requirements.
- Demonstrate high levels of commitment to Save the Children and our vision, mission and values in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the project and its team comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
A. Program Management and Implementation:
- Remain up to date on good practices recommended in the Global action plan for prevention and control of pneumonia (GAPP) as well as good practices on routine immunisation services to ensure programme quality and impact
- Oversee the development and successful implementation of workplans for the programme components;
- Ensure the smooth running of all shifting the Needle on Pneumonia activities.
- Work closely with the MEAL Team in Nigeria and SCUK to develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation plans and with managers of technical components to ensure technical program objectives are met.
- Ensure compliance with all grant provisions, and timely fulfilment of all program programmatic reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain partnership arrangements to assure successful implementation and trouble-free institutional relationships.
- Lead the development of Award Action Plan (AAP), including Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), procurement plan.
- Oversee timely expenditure of approved budgets, avoiding both under spending and overspending on grant line items.
B. Human Resources Management and Administration:
- Supervise assigned project managers and advisors: maintain updated job descriptions for each position, conduct annual performance evaluations, identify staff skills development needs.
- See that all staff and partners are aware of and understand SCI policies and procedures; take appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
- Assure the timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new programme staff as needed. Assess training needs to further develop the skills of program staff, partner NGOs and government counterparts
- Ensure all administrative procedures are followed, such as those regarding vehicle use and procurement; ensure logistics/administrative staff provides sufficient and timely support to the team.
C. Representation and Leadership:
- Maintain good working relationships with government officials.
- Represent SC and maintain good working relationships among the international and local NGO community, among community leadership structures and community-based organizations, and to visiting donor teams and other key contacts. Keep informed of NGO, government, and donor initiatives relevant to SC’s work.
- Maintain focus on SC programme principles.
- Encourage teamwork, openness, and honesty among staff and between SC and its partners.
- Represent SC and the health program in donor meetings.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Deputy Country Director/ Director of Operations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
Academic : Advanced degree in public health or related field.
Working Experience :
- At least 10 years of experience in programme management and administration, financial management, award contractual compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams. Five (5) of these years should be in child health and public health programs of similar complexity.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a programme that focuses on at least four of the following areas: prevention and treatment communicable childhood illnesses; social and behavioral change; quality improvement/quality assurance; and civil society capacity building.
- Proven experience of managing large multi-million pound budgets and management of risk and proven track record for achieving expected results on projects in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully fulfilling performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Experience working in developing countries in the health sector and successfully managing a high-pace multi-disciplinary team to achieve development results.
- Strong understanding of key principles of advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, child participation and accountability.
- Strong preference for prior experience as Chief of Party with demonstrated capacity to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing programs with multiple implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries.
- As demonstrated by experience, appropriate level of seniority to liaise with Government officials, Donor officials, University Professors and similar research leads, executives of NGOs, CSOs, the for-profit business community, and senior members of the Nigerian donor community.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, mentor and direct staff while creating a positive team environment.
- Sound understanding of different methodologies of M&E and operational research and experience in developing integrated M&E and Learning systems;
- Ability to present results and products to the donor and other key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the values, missions, aims and policies of Save the Children.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Works well with teams
- Conscious of child protection issues
- Non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
- Willingness to work in remote, rural locations
Click HERE to apply
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!