The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) in pursuance of its social investment programmes which aim to promote academic excellence among young Nigerians, invites applications from suitably qualified full time Nigerian students for the 2016/2017 SPDC-JV University Scholarship Scheme.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories - the National Merit (NM) Award and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
NATIONAL MERIT AWARD (NM)
Is open to all Nigerians.
AREAS OF OPERATION MERIT AWARD
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC's operational area in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST:
• Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
• Be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited university in Nigeria.
• Be in 200 level with a minimum CGPA of 2.5
• Have a minimum of five credits at one sitting, including Mathematics and English, in their 0/level.
• Have a minimum of 200 score in UTME
HOW TO APPLY?
1. All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication).
2. All applications must be done online, visit website via www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com to apply
3. Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
a) The paramount ruler of the community; and
b) The chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards. The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
P/s: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
Be aware of the fraud websites when applying for scholarships online
• Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS; and DOES NOT ASSIGN 'representatives'/ agents' to assist applicants'.
• Applications open today Monday 13th November 2017 and closes on Wednesday December 20th 2017,
• There will be no selection tests as selection will be strictly based on combined academic performance.
• ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.