Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
Position: GHSC-PSM State System Strengthening Manager
Scope of Work
• This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the M&E / MIS Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the Global Health Supply Chain- Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project.
• The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
• The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Manage the State System Strengthening Team to work in collaboration with the partner State Government of Nigeria Stakeholders Implementing Partners, etc. in identifying the Institutional and Technical Capacity Building needs at the State level.
• Collaborate with the Central Systems Strengthening Team to identify Human resource capacity development building strategies and implementation across States in Nigeria.
• Lead the State System Strengthening Team to work with stakeholders at the State level to coordinate the development and implementation of cohesive human resource capacity development building strategies.
• Implement the project’s capacity building strategy in line with the project’s goal of policy, advocacy, leadership, governance and service delivery at the State level.
• Support the development of project technical reports as needed.
• Supervise the State System Strengthening Team in managing relationships and maintaining routine communications with the State Government of Nigeria • Stakeholders, Partners and all other related stakeholders in the public health supply chain landscape.
• Work closely with the System Strengthening department team in the implementation of the department’s work plans and activity.
• Manage the State Health System Strengthening team to monitor and update the integrated program meetings- TWGs, Coordination meetings etc. across all Task Order areas in the GHSC-PSM project at the State level.
• Ensure that all State level meetings are properly planned for, supported and documented closely working and supporting other departments and teams within the GHSC-PSM project office in Nigeria.
• Travel and attend all State level, TWGs, Coordination meeting with the State Systems Strengthening team and other relevant departments and teams within the GHSC-PSM project in Nigeria.
• Provide technical support for system strengthening activities of logistics and supply chain management for HIV, TB, and Malaria disease programs, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners at the State level.
• Contribute in identifying best practices and success stories for PSM Nigeria’s monthly logistics bulletin.
• Develop and share with stakeholders (including the PMO and GF) project status reports (highlighting potential risks and mitigation strategies) and other documentation as may be required for the management of the project at the State level.
• Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
• Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
• Any other activity as deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in pharmacy, public health, laboratory science, logistics management or social sciences.
5 -7 years of management experience in health programs, preferably in a health care supply chain management environment.
• Fluency in English is required
• The State System Strengthening Manager will report directly to the Director System Strengthening.
• Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Annual Salary Package
• 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
• Transportation Allowance: NGN 267,802.00(Per year)
• Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
• Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 774,534.00 (Per year)
• Housing: NGN 663,228.00 (Per year)
• Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of your annual base salary
• 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual base salary
Application Closing Date:
22 November, 2017
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!