Me Cure Healthcare Limited, was established in 2009 and is headquartered in Nigeria with 7 healthcare diagnostic centers including an eye center which is a state of the art ophthalmic clinic used to diagnose, treat and perform vision related surgeries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Employment Type: Full Time
Key Responsibility Area
Management of New Patients at the Out-patients Clinic:
• Participate in taking the comprehensive clinical history of patients.
• Participate in performing detailed clinical examination of the patients using the slit-lamp, direct ophthalmoscope, binocular ophthalmoscope, contact tonometer and any other instruments that may be required.
• Order/request for relevant investigations needed to make diagnosis.
• Perform investigations that may be required for patients’ management (OCT, B-Scan, FFA).
• Interpret the investigation results and explain to the patients
• Make diagnosis of ocular disorders using the above listed activities.
• Explain in clear and simple terms to patients their eye conditions or disorders.
• Management of old patients at follow up clinic
• Measures same as listed above
• Management of Patients scheduled for Ophthalmic surgical procedures
• Participate in pre-operative preparation of patients:
• Detailed evaluation
• Request for routine and specific investigations.
• Ensure all necessary documentations are done e.g. informed consent, physician clearance where necessary, pre-op drug instructions.
• Explain to patients in simple and clear terms the surgical procedure being planned.
• Participate in surgery day evaluation including marking the eye, ensure dilatation where required and availability of all material needed for the surgery.
• Perform ophthalmic surgeries wherein he possesses requisite training, skills, proficiency and competency with minimal risk of complications.
Participate in the post-op care of patients:
• Ensure patient is stable at immediate post-op period.
• Enter/Write surgical notes and post-op instructions in the EMR.
• Review patient on 1st post –on visit and on other appointment visits as Referral of Patients
• Participate in referring patients to other subspecialty of ophthalmology within Me Cure eye center using the EMR.
• Participate in referring patients accordingly to other designated caregiver outside Me Cure with appropriately written detailed medical report.
• Participate in the training and supervision of support staff for capacity building. Such staff includes the optometrists, nurses and CHEW.
• Participate in the training of students /interns attached to Me Cure by affiliated training institutions.
• Participate in the initiation and /or performance of clinical research that will enhance the quality of care.
• Continuous Medical Education
• Participate in CME (both local and international) for the purpose of capacity building and as part of requirements for renewal of practicing license.
• Possession of an MBBS.
• Residency in Ophthalmology
• Postgraduate Degree in Ophthalmology
• Professional experience of at least two (2) years.
• Good leadership and mentorship skills.
• Ability to handle pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Decisiveness and determination.
• Interest and concern in patient care.
• Rational approach.
Required Licensure, Certification:
• Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (Registered Ophthalmologist)
• Certificate of Practicing License
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!