The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was founded on the belief that social and behavior change communication (SBCC) is key to solving the world’s most pressing health problems. Our mission is to inspire and empower people around the world to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Deputy Project Director
Reports to: Project Director
* CCP will be implementing the USAID Breakthrough-ACTION-Nigeria project that will use state-of-the-art, evidence-based tools to encourage people in developing countries to adopt healthy behaviours.
* Much of the work will harness the power of communication - from mass media campaigns to TV and radio dramas to simple posters in a health clinic - to inspire long-lasting change.
* The project will also take advantage of other behavioural science approaches such as behavioural economics and human-centred design to improve programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* The Deputy will oversee management and operations of the project as a whole. S/he should also be able to act for - or represent - the Project Director as necessary.
* S/he will possess a deep command of management processes generally and USAID reporting and compliance requirements specifically, and demonstrate an ability to produce quality results on schedule.
* The proposed Deputy Project Director must meet or exceed all of the following specific requirements:
* Has a Masters’ degree in Business, Public Health, Communication, or a related field with at least ten (10) years of experience in international health and development, including senior-level management positions and experience managing large and complex projects implemented by multi-partner consortia, or a Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Health, Communication, or a related field with at least fifteen (15) years of experience in international health and development, including in senior-level management positions and experience managing large and complex projects implemented by multi-partner consortia;
* Has a demonstrated record of recruiting, managing and developing personnel for large and complex projects;
* Has at least five (5) years’ experience managing the reporting and compliance requirements for large health and development contracts or agreements that serve clients in developing countries funded by U.S. Government funds
Must be fluent in written and spoken English and at least one local Nigerian language.
Application Closing Date
5PM; 14th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV's only as one PDF document to: email@example.com The subject line for your submission must read: “Application for Capacity and Coordination Advisor.”
* Any email without this exact subject line will be immediately discarded. The PDF document file name must be named using the candidate’s last and first name. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are a good fit for this position, languages you speak and your proficiency level in each language and states in Nigeria where you have previously worked.
* Candidates should not send any other documents or attachments. Any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded.
* Candidates should not send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
* Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement.
* Please follow all directions exactly as written to be considered.
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!