The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) was founded on the belief that social and behavior change communication (SBCC) is key to solving the world’s most pressing health problems. Our mission is to inspire and empower people around the world to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor
Reports to: Project Director
* CCP will be implementing the USAID Breakthrough-ACTION-Nigeria project that will use state-of-the-art, evidence-based tools to encourage people in developing countries to adopt healthy behaviours.
* Much of the work will harness the power of communication – from mass media campaigns to TV and radio dramas to simple posters in a health clinic – to inspire long-lasting change.
* The project will also take advantage of other behavioural science approaches such as behavioural economics and human-centred design to improve programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* The Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor will lead key activities with particular attention to strengthening public sector systems for effective coordination of SBC at the national and sub-national levels, strengthening institutional capacity among key Nigerian stakeholders.
* S/he will possess experience and demonstrated success in strengthening public sector capacity for SBC.
* S/he will possess a strong understanding of best practices in individual and institutional capacity strengthening for SBC, and will have personal experience in applying key approaches.
* S/he will represent Breakthrough-Action/Nigeria to USAID and the GoN at national and subnational levels, and will cultivate open and collaborative management relationships with the management team at USAID/Nigeria, and other Mission-funded activities.
* S/he will work with other senior staff to monitor activities and proactively engage, coordinate and convene public and private actors to advance the practice of SBC in Nigeria.
* The proposed Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Advisor must meet or exceed all of the following specific requirements:
* A senior technical expert with an advanced degree in Public Health, Communication, or Marketing
* At least 10 years of experience working in international health, including experience in a technical leadership capacity on large activities focused primarily on social and behavior change.
* Must be fluent in written and spoken English and at least one local Nigerian language.
* Experience working across Nigerian government bodies
Application Closing Date
5PM; 14th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV's only as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject line for your submission must read: “Application for Capacity and Coordination Advisor.”
* Any email without this exact subject line will be immediately discarded. The PDF document file name must be named using the candidate’s last and first name. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are a good fit for this position, languages you speak and your proficiency level in each language and states in Nigeria where you have previously worked.
* Candidates should not send any other documents or attachments. Any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded.
* Candidates should not send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
* Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement.
* Please follow all directions exactly as written to be considered.
AHA - ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) COURSE HOLDS IN LAGOS: 9th - 10th November 2017
ASHI - ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) COURSE HOLDS: 9/10 NOV (LAGOS). 24/25 NOV (PORTHARCOURT)
LAGOS:: The 2-Day Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course Holds Saturday 18th - Sunday 19th November 2017
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!