The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Position: Operation Theatre Nurse
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
* Works in close collaboration with the ICRC Mobile OT Nurse in ensuring surgical patients scheduled for surgery are accorded timely care.
* Ensures that safe standard/procedures are practised during surgical procedures in accordance with ICRC/International standard
* Ensures the operation suite is ready for emergency/scheduled operations
* Performs the roles of Scrub Nurse/First assistant/Circulating Nurse as per the need.
* Embraces the principles of aseptic technic in all intra-operative surgical procedures.
* Ensures surgical instruments are decontaminated / sterilised according to the ICRC / State standards.
* Supervises support staff and clinical staff working in the ICRC OT Block
* Contributes to weekly /monthly operational report.
* Provides Statistics when requested by the Hospital Project Manager
* Flexible to perform other tasks as assigned
* Registered Nurse with 2-3 years of experience with specific qualification and anaesthesia.
* Up to date knowledge and skills on trauma, medical & surgical procedures.
* Ability to provide support and education to the junior hospital staff especially in the management of critical surgical emergencies.
* Proven ability to work with people of varied cultural and social backgrounds
* Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and as part of a team
* Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
* Ability to clinically supervise ongoing work practice, safe staffing levels and problem solving
* Very good communication skills, especially when it comes to speaking and listening
* Emotional stability and to be able to work in stressful and traumatic situations, while keeping empathy towards patients
* Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule, to be able to work for long hours and act swiftly in emergencies.
* Great interpersonal skills, to be able to work well with a variety of situation with different people.
* Good physical endurance and to be able to perform frequent physical tasks, standing for long time while maintaining good energy
* Good problem solving skills and to be able to think quickly and address problems as/or before they arise.
* Be able to maintain respect to his/her patients, colleagues and profession/duty in different circumstances.
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Contact Details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Operation Theatre Nurse Maiduguri" as the subject of your application
* Applications intended for this role without the above stated subject will not be treated. Late application will not be considered.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
* However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
* The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!