On 05/Sep/2017 / In NGO Jobs
HIPCITY Hub - A registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern region of Nigeria is currently looking for volunteers and Interns for their newly opened field office in Maiduguri, Borno state - Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited for the vacant position below:
Position: Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
* Working under the supervision of the SPTL, the Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO) is responsible for providing health promotional education outreach/services within the scope of a given project in order to meet program requirements.
* The position requires strong interpersonal and social behavioural change communication skills to make connections and build relationships with the target patient/client base. The CHOSO works collaboratively with other team members in WASH, Nutrition etc.
* Maintains inventory of health education/outreach materials necessary to conduct outreach efforts and to supply internal providers and other staff as needed
* Conduct health promotion sessions to contribute to the reduction of Malaria, Malnutrition, HIV/AIDS, STDs and other common child killer diseases,
* Participates in mandatory trainings and update meetings related to the program to build and maintain current knowledge base of awareness and prevention in the specific area of health addressed by the project.
* Work cooperatively/collaboratively with health facility personnel for referral of community people to health facilities for treatment.
* Supervise and coordinating the recruitment of community health volunteers.
Interested candidate will:
* Have a Diploma or its equivalent
* Successful completion of a Community Health Worker formal training program such as from a college or other education institution is preferred.
* Written and oral fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English language.
* Experience working in a multi-cultural/religious setting.
* Experience working in a community-based setting for at least 1 to 2 years preferred.
* Knowledge of some medical terminology preferred
* Basic computer, IT and communication skills
* Ability to initiate and maintain positive working relationships
* Understand the community served -community connectedness
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letter and updated CV's to: email@example.com
Note: The title of the position (Community Health Outreach Support Officer (CHOSO) ) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
FEELING BORED? Read Funny, Weird and Odd Stories, CLICK HERE!!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!