The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Reproductive Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri (with frequent travel to Konduga), Borno State
Anticipated Start Date: 10th September, 2017
Duration: 5 months
Scope of Work
The Reproductive Health Officer is a member of the health team, and will be responsible for supporting and supervising a team of midwives and community mobilisers implementing emergency Reproductive Health activities in MMC/Jere and Konduga. He/She will also ensure liaison with the teams in Gwoza and Monguno, to ensure they are properly stocked with items stored in Maiduguri.
• The RH officer is responsible for the day to day oversight of a team of midwives providing comprehensive reproductive health services: administrative oversight, time-sheets, scheduling, leave/travel requests etc.
• The RH officer is responsible for managing community mobilisers to ensure the dissemination of key messages on RH services to target communities.
• The RH officer is responsible for the quality assurance of the RH facilities from which IRC works; this includes four MOH facilities, one IDP camp RH facility in MMC/Jere and one comprehensive women's center in Konduga. Ensure facilities are properly stocked with drugs, supplies, equipment, furniture etc, and facilities are maintained to a high standard to ensure quality care.
• The RH officer is responsible to organize clinical and other training's as needed by the program.
• Day to day supervision of the team of IRC midwives providing
• Clinical Care for Sexual Assault Survivors (CCSAS).
• Basic and assisted delivery care (BEmONC),
• Antenatal and Postnatal consultations,
• Family Planning
• STI treatment
• Post-abortion care,
• Referrals to the nearest Emergency Obstetric Care center
• Manage community mobilisers to ensure the sensitization of target communities on the importance of reproductive health and on IRC services.
• Together with RH Managers and Doctor, build the capacity of the teams, including organising formal training's.
Facility level Quality Assurance and Program Procurement:
• Ensure adherence to Universal Precautions and proper waste management at all IRC facilities.
• Monitor stock and identify gaps together with midwives for all RH facilities.
• Prepare Purchase Request forms for program supplies/activities and undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
• Monitor program supply inventory levels; perform monthly spot-checks on program inventory.
• Fully comply with IRC safety and security procedures and provide input to security monitoring and assessments to enable and promote a safe and secure environment for program implementation.
Coordination & Representation:
• Coordinate activities with other sectors, particularly the Women's Protection and Empowerment (WPE), Health and Environmental Health (EH) teams
• Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner staff, services providers and patients; work with and provide timely technical support to IRC's implementing partners.
• As requested, undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with other IRC sectors, national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government actors.
• Support and actively participate in the mobilization of women and girls to improve RH education and service utilization, together with the Community • Mobilisers, Community Health Workers (CHW), Traditional Birth Attendants (TBAs), community groups etc.
• Support Community Mobilizers on the identification of knowledge gaps, the development and implementation of a work-plan.
• Together with Data Assistant, ensure accurate data-collection and maintain up to date data in all overseen facilities.
• Compile daily, weekly and monthly health activity reports and submit in timely manner.
• Contribute to monthly and quarterly RH work plans.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
• Background in Public Health.
• 3-5 years of experience in RH setting.
• Experience in an (I-)NGO preferred.
• Ability to lead, train, supervise and facilitate other midwives and community mobilisers in their respective tasks.
• Communication skills – able to discuss sensitive RH topics and provide RH education.
• Willing / flexible to travel between field sites (including Monguno, Gwoza and Konduga).
• Positive and professional attitude; able to organize, prioritize, multi-task and maintain composure under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to communicate in English and write clear and concise reports in English.
• Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The position will be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. This is a national position.
• Competitive Monthly salary,
• 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
• Health Insurance Coverage for Family,
• Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
24th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and cover letter to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org with job title as subject, addressed to "The Country Director, International Rescue Committee"
ASHI Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course Holds in PortHarcourt on 29th - 30th September 2017
CLICK HERE: Registration Opens for the 2-Day Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!