International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below based in its Dikwa Office:
Position: Nutrition Manager
Location: Dikwa, Borno
* As a key member of the Nutrition and Food Security team fully participates in key decision making for the Nutrition program in the operation areas.
* The primary functions of the Nutrition Manager is to provide leadership and overall day to day management of all Nutrition programming at duty designated areas of Dikwa and Damboa LGAs including at state.
* Together with nutrition coordinator participate in defining intervention priorities, develop necessary contacts and relationships with government, non-government, donors and UN agencies at the state level; Contribute to the development of strategies and manage existing programs and resources, and provide day to day supervision, management and coaching to a wide team of Nutrition Food Security in the operation areas.
* Ensure that International Medical Corps program is delivering the highest level of quality of nutrition services in line with national and international guideline.
* The Nutrition Manger will be responsible for the overall management of the day to day nutrition and nutrition integrated Programme activities at LGA and State levels.
* Management and supervision of Nutrition Officer and line matrix management of over 25 nutrition staff.
* Overall nutrition program within the frame work of national guideline
* Liaise with MoH and UNICEF officials for nutrition program
* Ensure all authorities and communities are kept well informed of the programme,
* Providing ongoing training for both IMC and SMoH staffs with special emphasis to develop ownership of the programme by SMoH staff and build their capacity to sustain the programme.
* Maintain work schedules/plans with Nutrition Officer for each OTP, SC and IYCF site as well as community mobilization.
* Coordinate to implement the programme accordingly and overseeing there is a strong link between Community outreach, OTP, IYCF and respective SC.
* Supervise and support the outreach care group supervisors/facilitators and to implement quality community mobilization for the successful outcome of the CMAM and IYCF programme activities.
* Update the nutrition coordinator on the implementation of the CMAM/IYCF-E on weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis
* Assign tasks among the staff according to the variation in workload, holidays, unplanned absences or illness
* Work with LGA /State-MoH, and other officials to ensure all aspects of programme understood and agreed to implement the programme
* Conduct Joint supportive supervision and capacity assessment of the OTP sites on monthly basis with State and LGA nutrition focal person and incorporate the finding to the monthly progress report.
* Ensure referrals to the nearest IMC and other partners SC/inpatient care are monitored smoothly.
* Follow up management of stocks with the storekeeper; monitor rates of consumption and ensure supplies are ordered in a timely manner
* Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the various components of the programme, all medical and nutritional protocols, and their application/OTP/StabilizationC/CG services.
* Ensure the beneficiaries, caretakers and members of the community are treated respectfully at all times
* Lead regular nutrition team management meetings
* Report any problems in a timely manner to the nutrition Coordinator,
* Prepare monthly progress reports and statistic reports and an end of project final report for submission to the Nutrition coordinator.
* Ensure all IMC supported nutrition/health facilities have reference CMAM guidelines and protocols
* Ensure all IMC supported facilities are equipped with all necessary tools and materials (e.g. MUAC, scales, drugs, RUTF, counselling cards, referral guides),
* Facilitate delivery of stipends, other payments to respective staff and CHVs
* To ensure that all staff fully complete and sign timesheets monthly for submission to HR/Finance Admin
* To ensure payments made locally by nutrition team are compliant with the Procurement & Authorization Chart with appropriate supporting documentation
* To ensure that distribution lists and records are properly documented, maintained at filed for submission to Maiduguri office as may be required.
* To ensure stock cards are maintained for all items received, separated by donor and reconcile to all store documents
* To ensure assets under nutrition team are safe guarded and included on the monthly/quarterly/annually update of assets as may be required
* Assist in any other tasks when required by line manager and/or management
* Strictly qualified and registered national Medical Doctor from a recognized university or institute with minimum experience of 2 years
* Masters’ in Public Health, nutrition and dietetic is an added advantage
* Experience and implementation of nutrition intervention programmes is an added advantage
* Understanding of nutritional and or health surveillance and information systems reporting
* Proven ability and experience in planning and conducting formal training session on health and nutrition including CMAM and IYCF
* Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach other staff and community workers.
* Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with children and their care takers
* Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
* Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
* Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a Nutrition representative of IMC in the working areas
* Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political, religious and economic aspects of the community
* Excellent inter and intra personal skills to ensure consistent positive relations with key stakeholders
* Familiarity with donors and donor procedures helpful.
* Strong report writing and computer skills
* Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
* Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
* Computer literate in Word and Excel
* The employee must read, understand and implement the organization’s policies. He/She is expected to be gender sensitive and committed towards implementing approaches supporting gender focused concepts.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should be addressed to "the Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps" via: email@example.com
* Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
* Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
* Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
ASHI - ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) COURSE HOLDS 13TH - 14TH OCTOBER 2017 IN PORTHARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
LAGOS:: Register for the 2-Day Offshore/Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course (11th -12th OCTOBER 2017, Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th November 2017
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!