ICAP - A global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
Working hand-in-hand with individuals at every level of the health system - from patients to health care providers to government officials - ICAP is dedicated to delivering high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. The organization tackles the world’s most pressing health threats and, in collaboration with partners around the world, implements transformative solutions to meet the health needs of individuals.
Position: HIV Technical Lead
In partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP conducts Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIAs) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA defines the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide global and local allocation of funding and resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIA data.
Under the supervision of the Project Director (PD), The HIV Technical Lead will provide HIV clinical and health systems expertise to guide the technical aspects of population-based survey activities of the PHIA Nigeria (NPHIA) project. The HIV Technical Lead will provide technical support to PEPFAR, Ministries of Health and other local partners in the design and implementation of the State-level population-based surveys in order to assess the impact of PEPFAR-supported HIV prevention, care and treatment programs.
• Ensure that all aspects of planning, developing, implementing and evaluating population-based surveys and HIV impact evaluations are consistent with national and international guidelines.
• Coordinate the development of active linkage to clinical care for survey participants who are identified as HIV +.
• Ensure that systems are in place to facilitate return of results to participants or health facilities, as indicated in the survey protocol.
• Serve as the technical link with and liaison to CDC, Ministries of Health and other collaborating local partners to generate evaluation protocols, informed consent forms, Standard Operating Procedures, work plans, corresponding budgets, training programs, evaluation plans;
• Participate as a technical lead in monthly and quarterly project planning and evaluation meetings with corresponding CDC staff and local partners, as appropriate;
• Lead and/or assist the PI, CDC staff, and local collaborators in the generation and presentation of project reports, publications and presentations;
• Perform other duties as assigned
• MD or PhD (or equivalent) Degree in Public Health, Medicine, Epidemiology or related field.
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
• Eight (8) years of experience working on public health projects either in the headquarters of an international organization or in resource-limited settings in the field of HIV care and treatment for adults or children
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of HIV programming or population-based impact assessments; preferably in Nigeria
• Demonstrated experience designing and conducting health system interventions including linking community and health services.
• Excellent communication, writing and quantitative skills including the development of measurable objectives, operational plans and measurable indicators/targets for public health programs and projects.
• Demonstrated experience establishing, growing and maintaining effective working relationships with donors, implementing partners and other stakeholders;
• Demonstrated experience in working in project-based environments requiring the management of multiple and often overlapping priorities and deadlines.
• Experience working singly with a minimum of supervision and also working in a team-based environment functioning as part of a technical assistance team;
• Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing).
Application Closing Date:
16 October, 2017
Method of Application
Applicants should submit a Cover Letter and CV's/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the job title in the email subject line.
Note: This is a local hire position (i.e., candidates must be eligible to work in Nigeria) and the successful candidate will be an employee of ICAP or designee organization in Nigeria and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!