The National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), Federal ministry of health abuja has Vacancies for PSM Manager
The overall responsibility of the PSM is for the successful delivery of the procurement and supply management services and the efficient implementation of the Global Fund (GF) grants. The PSM Manager works as part of an enlarged team comprising the central level Program Management Unit, PSM and Procurement branch of NMEP.
The PSM Manager in collaboration with other PSM staff, carry out the following activities:
• Ensure that the NMEP Procurement Manual is updated and all government and Global Fund requirements are incorporated, developing new procurement-related guidance documents as relevant
• Prepare tender or bid documents for invitation of suppliers.
• Ensure with solicitation and evaluation of tenders to ensure overall competitiveness, quality and conformity to specified requirements.
• Prepare and maintain procurement records, including contract agreements, evaluation/procurement reports and minutes of the NMEP procurement committee.
• Liaise with relevant staff within NMEP Branches to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
• Ensure in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
• Reconciling on a timely basis quantities of health commodities ordered and quantities received in-country
• Following up on orders to ensure timely delivery
• Updating the PQR on a timely basis and providing timely updates to the Global Fund on issues encountered with the Global Fund procurement agent.
• Ensure that adequate records are kept of all procurement processes.
• Ensure with development and regular updating of the procurement plans covering all procurements (goods and services, health and non-health) to be carried out by NMEP
• Ensure in administering contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
• Resolve discrepancies with suppliers regarding specifications, delivered quantities etc.
• Ensure in carrying out of market surveys on costs of non-health products and updating the data base with the output.
• Ensure with routine update of documents with current data such as procurement matrix, vendors list, etc.
• Manage a matrix which tracks all the required goods and services required for smooth functioning of NMEP and coordinate with concerned NMEP unit for timely procurement/renewal
• Undertakes quantification and forecasting (Q&F) for Malaria commodities and related products, working in collaboration with other Malaria partners/stakeholders.
• Monitors and updates stock, consumption/distribution and pipeline information.
• Develops implements and updates procurement plans for health products and other non-health products or services in line with NMEP procurement manual as well as GF principles.
• Supports the development/review specifications and terms of reference to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with quality standards and/or procurement needs.
• Ensures proper tendering and bidding procedures, including submissions to the NMEP Procurement Committee and GF Country Team for approvals, as needed.
• Solicits and evaluates tenders to ensure overall competitiveness, quality and conformity to specified requirements.
• Reconciles quantities procured with quantities received for each shipment (incl. LLINs).
• Prepares (and/or updates) and submits a Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) for GF Malaria commodities and ensures implementation of all QAP activities.
• Coordinates timely delivery of safe, effective and quality anti-malarial commodities, infrastructure and equipment through best procurement methods that ensure value for money.
• Liaises with teams from Pooled Procurement Mechanism Supply, relevant Federal Ministries, National Agencies, clearing agents and transporters/3PLs to ensure timely supply and delivery of anti-malaria commodities and related products.
• Monitors third party logistics providers/suppliers’ performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services.
• Analyzes correlation between reported health service data and utilization of ACTs and RDTs at different levels.
• Supports the development of contract conditions and ensures effective contract management as well as evaluates contract performance in collaboration with relevant stakeholders/Branches within NMEP.
• Prepares technical and status/progress reports on procurement and supply management of malaria commodities and implementation of activities, as needed.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• Postgraduate degree in pharmaceutical, logistics management, business administration or any development related field. Pharmaceutical and/or supply chain background is essential.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in health programmes preferably in procurement and supply chain management environment. Prior procurement and supply chain experience in the frame work of Global Fund grants a further asset.
• Specific experience in Malaria, HIV/AIDS, or TB, programmes strongly desired
• Demonstrated ability to liaise, collaborate with government, private and nongovernmental organizations.
• Extensive knowledge of Nigeria public health sectors Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills are highly desired
• Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple concurrent activities;
• Knowledge of Microsoft office package such as excel, access, word, and powerpoint
• Willingness to travel extensively and to spend extended periods of time in thefield.
Duration of Contract: One year at the first instance; renewable subject to satisfactory performance and/or continuation of grant.
Mode of application: Interested candidates should send Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) in one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before
CLICK: Download and Read Full Digital Edition of your Daily Newspaper on your Mobile Device
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!