Kogi State University Anyigba, was established on 18 November, 1999 and currently, has a total student population of over 23,000 students spread across its seven (7) Faculties of Agriculture, Arts and Humanities, Education, Law, Management Sciences, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and a College of Health Sciences. Though a State University, Kogi State University accommodates a significant number of non indigenes, from all parts of Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
• Senior Lecturer
• Lecturer I
• Lecturer II
• Assistant Lecturer
Location: Anyigba, Kogi
1. BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES:
• Medical Biochemistry
• Pharmacology and Therapeutics
2. BASIC CLINICAL SCIENCES:
• Chemical Pathology
• Haematology and Blood Transfusion
• Medical Microbiology
3. CLINICAL SCIENCES:
• Community Medicine
• Internal Medicine
• Surgery (General Surgery, Urology, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery)
• Paediatrics and Child Health
• Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Orthopedics and Traumatology
• Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (ENT)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Ph.D. holder with a minimum of ten years experience at University level and capacity with time to teach and develop undergraduate and postgraduate courses, play a major role in the academic leadership in the discipline.
• Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D. or equivalent level, and considerable background of research.
• He/she is also required to give an inaugural lecture in his area of discipline and carryout any other academic and administrative duties that may be assigned.
• A Ph.D holder with a minimum of eight years teaching experience at University level; Postgraduate supervision for Masters, Ph.D degree or equivalent and considerable background in research.
• The candidate would be expected to demonstrate appreciable ability to develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses, provide academic and professional leadership and community service.
C. SENIOR LECTURER:
• A Ph.D. holder with a minimum of 6 years post qualification experience and considerable publications, must demonstrate strong evidence or potential for continued research activity and academic leadership.
• The candidate must show evidence of good performance in teaching and research, and must be of good character.
D. LECTURER I:
• A Ph.D. holder with a minimum of 3 years of teaching/research experience and considerable publications or a Master's degree holder with at least 6 years of teaching or other relevant experience, who must demonstrate aptitude for teaching and research, and must be of good character.
E. LECTURER II:
• The candidate must possess at least a Master's degree, with at least 3 years of teaching and research and be of good character.
• A fresh Ph.D holder may be considered for appointment.
F. ASSISTANT LECTURER:
• The candidate shall possess a Master's degree. Holders of first degree from programmes of 5 or more years duration shall be eligible for appointment, provided they show aptitude for teaching and research, who must have met other professional criteria.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES:
The following additional guidelines are applicable in the College of Health Sciences.
(a) Assistant Lecturer:
A first degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) or Masters in basic Medical Sciences
(b) Lecturer II:
Part I Fellowship (National or West Africa), FRCS, MRCP.
(c) Lecturer I:
Part II Fellowship (National or West Africa), MRC Path, M. c. plus Ph.D. in Clinical Sciences such as Chemical Pathology, Medical Microbiology, etc.
Emoluments and Benefits
* As applicable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
4th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) typewritten copies of their applications, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following information in the order listed below:
* Full Name (Surname in block)
* Post Desired and Department
* Date of Birth
* Place of Birth, State of Origin and Local Government Area
* Permanent Home Address (Not P.O.Box or P.M.B Current Postal Address
* GSM Number
* Marital Status
* Number of Children with Names and Ages
* Institutions Attended (with dates)
* Academic Qualifications (with dates)
* Professional Qualifications (with dates) where applicable
* List of Publications with details of Titles, Publishers, or Journals, dates and pages (where applicable)
* Work experience (General and Specific Experience with dates)
* Details of Administrative Experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
* Present Employment, Status, Salary
* Employer(s) Address(es), Postal, E-mail and Contact GSM Number(s)
* Extra Curricular Activities
* Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, two (2) of whom must be professionals or authorities in the relevant fields. The referees must be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, confidential reports on the applicant indicating the post desired.
Each applicant should indicate at the top left corner of the package, the position applied for. The application should be addressed and sent to:
Kogi State University,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
FEELING BORED? Read Funny, Weird and Odd Stories, CLICK HERE!!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!