The Management of the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital (UUTH), hereby invite applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below in the Hospital which will soon be vacant:
Position: Chief Medical Director/(CEO)
Location: Uyo, Akwa-Ibom
* The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
* He/She is charged with the responsibility of executing government policies and programmes and ensuring the effective day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Any interested Candidate must meet the following conditions:
* He/She must be a registered medical or dental practitioner registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) and should not be less than ten (10) years post qualification.
* He/She must be a Fellow of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African College of Surgeons/West African College of Physicians or their equivalent and certificate(s) obtained must be registerable as a specialist with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
* He/She should have been a Consultant for a minimum of five (5) years and must be medically fit.
* He/She must also be of impeccable character and of unquestionable integrity.
* He/She must have current Practicing License from MDCN.
The following shall be of added advantage:
* Evidence of sound academic and research prowess.
* Formal training and certification in Administration/Health Management.
* Profound knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
* Attraction of funded grants locally or internationally.
Terms and Conditions of Service
* These are as determined by the Federal Government. Other conditions of service are as applicable in the Public Service.
Salary & Allowances
* Salary and allowances are as obtainable in the Federal Public Service.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2017.
Method of Application
* Formal applications in twenty (20) copies each accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae should be submitted in a sealed envelope, marked Confidential and addressed to the undersigned.
* Candidates must attach copies of all relevant documents cited In the application.
* Also to be enclosed is Candidate’s Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years and this must not be more than 1000 words.
* The CV should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and in position to attest to the Candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral standing and uprightness.
* Recommendation letters from 3 (three) referees.
All applications with necessary enclosure (including referees’ letters) should be sent directly to:
The Director of Administration,
University of Uyo Teaching Hospital,
Akwa Ibom State.
FEELING BORED? Read Funny, Weird and Odd Stories, CLICK HERE!!!
AHA - ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) COURSE HOLDS IN LAGOS: 9th - 10th November 2017
ASHI - ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT (ACLS) COURSE HOLDS: 9/10 NOV (LAGOS). 24/25 NOV (PORTHARCOURT)
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!