Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the most prosperous hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics.
At Lily Hospitals, we recognize that our staff are vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Position: Anaesthetist Nurse
Location: Warri, Delta
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior Level
* The Anaesthetic Nurse is responsible for assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures.
* The job holder provides high quality clinical assistance to the Anaesthetist during surgical procedures and also provides clinical supervision on a day to day basis to junior nursing staff in the unit.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
* Assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for patients.
* Ensure that the anaesthetic room is prepared in accordance with the individual needs of the patient and anaesthetist in terms of drug preparation/administration, IV cannulation, IV fluids and preparation and insertion of invasive monitoring as required.
* Perform arterial blood gas sampling, recognize and interpret findings and report the findings to the anaesthetist.
* Assist the Anaesthetist during pre- and intra-operative period initiating care and clinical interventions according to patient's condition and in accordance with Health regulations.
* Evaluate patients' post-surgical or post-anesthesia responses, taking appropriate corrective actions or requesting consultation if complications occur.
* Perform pre-anesthetic screenings, including physical evaluations and patient interviews, and document results.
* Discharge patients from post-anesthesia care.
* Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained in the anaesthetic rooms at all times and that non-stock requisition orders are dealt with appropriately.
* Provide a commitment to expanding existing skills, assisting in the planning and implementation of the Anaesthetic and peri-operative assessment nursing role.
* Develop good interpersonal relationships with nursing staff through effective communication and sound management systems.
* Ensure that the optimum use of manpower resources is achieved through careful planning and monitoring of off-duty scheduling.
* Provide direction to all staff within the department on proper handling of materials, apparatus, tools for the patient.
* Participate in training programs to achieve personal development and specialization.
* Monitor new staff and learners, and also participates in staff development and performance reviews.
* Identify the educational needs of staff, develop programmes to meet these needs and help staff towards their professional development.
* Minimum academic qualification of: RN, B.NSc, R.N.As
* 3 to 5 years relevant work experience in a similar role.
* Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice as a Nurse Anaesthetist (R.N.As).
* Knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
* Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act.
* Knowledge of safety and injection control practices.
Salary in line with industry standard.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's (in Ms Word Format only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
ASHI Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course Holds in PortHarcourt on 29th - 30th September 2017
CLICK HERE: Registration Opens for the 2-Day Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!