The American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Course is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
For healthcare professionals who need the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Content and Modules
Importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
Application of the steps of the Chain of Survival
Signs of someone needing CPR
High-quality CPR skills acquisition for adults, children and infants
Importance of early use of an AED
AED skill demonstration
Effective ventilations with a barrier device
Multirescuer resuscitation and skill acquisition
Techniques for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children and infants
Course Format and Exam
In the Instructor-led format, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam in class.
Course Completion License
American Heart Association BLS course completion card, valid for 2 years
SCHEDULED COURSE DATES:
Available States, Dates and Venue for 2017 BLS Classess:
1. Lagos State:
VENUE: Renal Dialysis Center, 19B Adeboye Solanke Street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja
DATES: 25TH NOVEMBER 2017
VENUE: Garki Hospital Conference hall, Area 8, Abuja
DATES: 11th NOVEMBER 2017, 9TH DECEMBER 2017
Garki Hospital contact person for Manual: Mr Okoibu 08026074513
3. Rivers State:
VENUE: National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) House, by Sansun Hotel, Off ordinance Junction, Transamadi
DATES: 18th NOVEMBER 2017, 2ND DECEMBER 2017
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION:
ONLINE PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION OPTION
1. Click 'PAY ONLINE',
2. Enter your Full name, Teller number, GSM number, select state where you would be attending the class, email Address and click PAY NOW
3. Select either 'PAY WITH CARD' or 'PAY WITH BANK'
4. Enter your Card details and click 'PAY' to pay with card OR
5. Select your bank and input your 10 digit account number and click 'verify account', input your date of birth and token sent to your phone to complete course registration
PAY AT THE BANK
1. Visit your bank and make payments using these details: Medical World Nigeria, 1019741168, United Bank for Africa (UBA)
2. Return to this page after making payment and click 'PAY AT THE BANK' to complete course registration
3. Enter your Full name, Teller number, GSM number, State where you would be attending the class, Email Address and click SUBMIT
ENQUIRIES: 08105233399, 08035091993 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. MINIMUM CLASS SIZE IS 9 STUDENTS; MEDICALWORLD NIGERIA RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESCHEDULE A CLASS TO THE NEXT TWO SCHEDULED DATES IF THE CLASS SIZE IS NOT REACHED.
2. Students are encouraged to register and receive training manuals prior training date
3. We issue same day certifications
4. Register using your Full names as you would want it to appear on the certificates
5. Course is internationally certified by the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
5. NO REFUNDS ONCE PAYMENT FOR A CLASS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
6. We offer In-house/ On-site training available on request at your convenience for a minimum of 9 students
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (email@example.com) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
FEELING BORED? Read Funny, Weird and Odd Stories, CLICK HERE!!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!