FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Position: Senior Technical Officer - Monitoring & Evaluation
Job ID: 18465
* The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
* The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
* The Senior Technical Officer (M&E), under the supervision of the State Program Manager, and with technical oversight from the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation for the state office.
* S/he will work with others in the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide leadership to the state office and field level M&E program and provide overall guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
* Provide support to the sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that locally employed Monitoring and Evaluation staff, consultants and FHI partners understand and can support these requirements.
* Manage the state office’s reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete datasets are sent to the country office on a periodic basis, or when required.
* Work with local partners to develop their project monitoring and evaluation plans and support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools.
* Conduct monthly routine monitoring visits to project sites and provide supportive supervision.
* On a monthly basis, ensure that high quality analyzed facility-level data is disseminated to relevant staff at facilities and decision-makers. Ensure that data is used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with facility management and other departments in addressing these gaps.
* Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with facility staff and ensure the completeness, consistency and validity of routine data.
* Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
* Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
* Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, use program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
* Provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups working on the Secure the Future project.
* Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams.
* Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
* Represent FHI and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation research.
* Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI fields by review of current literature; is alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
* Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all Global Health program interventions.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the state office responsible for data entry and management. Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP and NMCP/SMCP in integrating FHI data into the national HMIS.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
* Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
* Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
* Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date:
29 April, 2017
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
NEW: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course (ACLS) 2018 Training Schedule
CLICK: American Heart Association AHA Basic Life Support BLS Course 2018 Schedule
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE: American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED Course
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!