The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Program Office (PROG):
Position: Program Assistant
Solicitation No: AID-620-S-00-17-00010-00
Period of Performance: Five years renewable.
Who May Apply: Nigerians Only (Resident in Nigeria)
* The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria is Solicitating for a Cooperating Country National Personal Service Contractor (CCN PSC) Program Assistant (Local Compensation Plan)
* The United States Government, represented by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking offers from qualified persons to provide personal services under contract as described in this solicitation.
* This solicitation in no way obligates USAID to award a PSC contract, nor does it commit USAID to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the offers.
* Any questions must be directed in writing to the Point of Contact specified in the attached information.
Basic Function of the Position
* The Program Assistant serves as an Assistant to the Strategic Information Advisor in the HIV/AIDS-TB Team, USAID/Nigeria.
* Specific assignments may vary, but the Assistant position is established to provide assistance to professional staff in handling the myriad administrative tasks involved in the management of Work Group program/project activities, including but not limited to managing the quarterly accrual process, preparing brief notes, assuring that vital records are maintained, and assisting to monitor activity budgets.
* In the absence of any AOR from the Work Group, the Program Assistant may assume AOR backstopping responsibility, up to the limits of their training and skill level, and as authorized by the Mission Contracting Officer.
* The assistant is a full member of the Work Group, and of the HIV/AIDS-TB Team.
* Work includes a variety of research, reporting, contact, monitoring, analytical duties and coordinating the work with AORs, other Work Group Leaders, the HIV/AIDS-TB Team Leader and deputy Team Leader, Mission Office Directors, senior Mission Management GoN officials and Implementing Partner (IP) counterparts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* The Program Assistant is responsible for providing support to Strategic Information Work Group AORs in the administration and oversight of Work Group programs/projects and activities, to identify problems that may be encountered in the implementation of Work
* Group programs/projects by monitoring the financial status and correspondence of assigned IPs, to provide written activity status to AORs and the Work Group Leader, and to recommend limited corrective actions.
* The Assistant drafts documents related to program planning, implementation, management, including memoranda, letters, MAARDs, performance reports, trip reports, analysis, etc.; manage electronic and hard-copy filing systems for the Work Group; and, provides input when coordinating the administrative aspects of Work Group and Team strategy development, specifically support related to program monitoring and tracking.
* The Assistant assists AORs and the Work Group to prepare routine and extraordinary reports, including all Work Group-specific contributions to PEFPAR reporting, the Country Operational Plan and the Semi-Annual and Annual Reports budget and program analyses, quarterly accrual reports, briefings, presentations, and other reporting requirements.
* The Assistant provides support to AORs (and steps in to backstop AORs, as assigned) in the day-to-day management, monitoring and evaluation of programs/project implementation; takes minutes at meetings and conferences, and assures that obligations and commitments are upheld and that deadlines are met.
* The Assistant prepares oral and written reports and briefings for the Work Groups or Team Leader, on request.
* The Assistant participates fully with AORs in maintaining project records and status reports, including quarterly technical and financial reports, accruals, and budget tracking tables; preparing and updating project documentation; and tracking contractor expenditure and budgets.
* In addition, the Assistant collects, analyses, and interprets information from other sources (IPs, donor, GoN Ministries, etc.) as needed to identify opportunities to strengthen Work Groups programs/projects.
Data Collection and Analysis:
* The Program Assistant plays a substantive support role in monitoring and reporting on developments in the HIV/AIDS-TB Tuberculosis sector.
* Monitors, reports and prepares written summaries, evaluates pertinent non-technical issues, and provides information to Work Group, team and other Mission staff as requested; written summaries are for use by supervisors, as appropriate.
* The Assistant organizes field trips, conferences and seminars and ensures maximum participation by target audiences; and prepares written and oral briefings for Work Group staff, and others, on request.
* The Program Assistant supports AORs in ensuring that performance-monitoring systems are in place, and that measures and indicators of portfolio impact are established.
* The Assistant contacts IPs to collect and monitor performance data, and prepares status reports and program/project reports for use within the Work Group and the Team, and provides information on IP progress in achieving outputs and results for selected activities, as needed.
Minimum Qualifications Required for this Position
* A University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Health Sciences or Sociology is required.
Prior Work Experience:
* 1 to 3 years progressive experience in program monitoring is required. Prior experience in the collection analysis and presentation of information is required.
* Level IV (fluent) English Language proficiency, verbal and written is required.
* A good knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of HIV/AIDS-TB and familiarity with the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief and good knowledge of Nigeria’s economic, social, cultural and political characteristics is required.
Skills and Abilities:
* Applicants must possess the ability to obtain, organize, analyze, evaluate and present information and draft clear and concise reports. Ability to work in a collaboratively environment with other support staff is required.
* Excellent skills in the operation of word processors, graphics, office information systems and database management are required. Strong numerical skills are required.
Evaluation and Selection Factors
* Applications will be required to have the minimum qualifications expressed above.
Qualified applicants possessing skills above the minimum requirements will be assessed based on the following factors:
* Education (10 points)
* Work Experience (20 points)
* Knowledge (30 points)
* Language Proficiency (10 points)
* Skills and abilities (30 points)
* Per this scoring rubric, Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are the most important factors. Applications will initially be screened for conformity with minimum requirements and a short list of applicants developed.
* USAID reserves the right to interview only the highest ranked applicants in person or by phone OR not to interview any candidate. After the closing date for receipt of applications, a committee will be convened to review applications and evaluate them in accordance with the evaluation criteria. Applications from candidates which do not meet the required selection criteria will not be scored. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No response will be sent to unsuccessful applicants.
* As part of the selection process, finalist candidates may be interviewed either in person or by telephone at USAID’s discretion. Reference checks will be made only for applicants considered as finalists. If an applicant does not wish USAID to contact a current employer for a reference check, this should be stated in the applicant’s cover letter, and USAID will delay such reference check pending communication with the applicant. Only finalists will be contacted by USAID with respect to their applications.
Application Closing Date:
27 April, 2017
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications which must include all required documents stated below to: AbujaHRAID@state.gov
* Any documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, Degrees, NYSC Certificate/Exemption etc.).
* A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
* Limit all electronic (e-mail) submission to one entry/email not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
* E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
* Only short-listed candidates will be notified
* Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
* This solicitation is open only to Nigerian Nationals.
* Applications with insufficient information to make a determination will not be considered.
* Any/All application submissions after the closing date will not be considered.
* No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
* Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
NOW YOU CAN BE THE REPORTER: Submit your story, news reports, articles, pictures, events and press release to us via Watsapp/ Telegram (08105233399) or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Follow us on Twitter @Medicalworld
FEELING BORED? Read Funny, Weird and Odd Stories, CLICK HERE!!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!